Don't know where to post this, but...

Options
I'm so excited that I have lost enough weight that I can wear my wedding ring again!!!!

<--- See pic of wedding ring... on my finger... taken just a few minutes ago! Haven't been able to wear this in so long!

I feel stupid even saying this after only 11 lbs, but it's just so important to me. :)

Replies

• mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That's huge! 11 lbs is 11 lbs! And if this is what is going to continue to motivate you it sure seems like a win to me! This is what's called an NSV - Non-scale victory. Hurrah!

Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That is a beautiful NSV!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    That's not stupid. That's fantastic!!! The day my engagement ring wouldn't fit is the day I decided enough was enough.

Congratulations!!
  • Beana217
    Options
    I think you're awesome! Congrats on your accomplishment!
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you don't think 11 pounds is a lot - go grab something 11 pounds and carry it around for 5 minutes! You will see exactly how much it is! That is a little more than a 10 pound bag of potatoes which is super heavy. You get to take full credit for it and be proud of all your hard work. Plus you get to wear gorgeous jewelry! :wink: Congratulations!
  • olgasgarden
    olgasgarden Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    it's an important milestone! i finally put on my ring about a month ago and had the same reaction. in rethought, this summer i was planning to take it to be re-sized, i am glad i did not do it. :)
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story! It is pretty amazing what you have done so far!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    That's amazing - :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    I am going to make your NSV and use it to my advantage. It will go something like this...

"This lady has lost 11lb and can now get her wedding ring on. Her hand looks really pretty.
    I wonder if my hand will look as pretty as hers. I know why don't we buy me an engagement ring to find out"
    HahahaHahaha I know what the answer will be!!
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)

What did you do when it didn't fit - did you just not wear a ring or did you get a different one? I've got a similar problem, my wedding ring is falling off now so not sure what to do. It wasn't an expensive one and I'm fairly cynical about my ability to keep the weight off so don't want to alter it. but I'm a bit sad at the thought of just not wearing it any more :/
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's great. I had my ring made larger, then wore one I inherited, now I can wear my ring again. It's great isn't it?
  • Ciler_mcj
    Ciler_mcj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.last year I couldn't wear my ring for long time when I stared working out I tried my ring every day lol until I gave up trying and focused on my work out so I did..and one day I said lest try again and guess what it fit I was soo happy.that was after 10 lbs lost.10 lbs might not seems like a lot but it was a lot to me :) am happy for you

(kisses) :flowerforyou:
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up :)
  • SarahRuthRuns
    SarahRuthRuns Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)

What did you do when it didn't fit - did you just not wear a ring or did you get a different one? I've got a similar problem, my wedding ring is falling off now so not sure what to do. It wasn't an expensive one and I'm fairly cynical about my ability to keep the weight off so don't want to alter it. but I'm a bit sad at the thought of just not wearing it any more :/

Sorry to take so long to reply to this, I have a hard time getting on here much over the weekend. I just didn't wear it when it didn't fit, and it made me really sad. I hadn't taken it off in over 18 years, so it felt so strange to be without it! :(
  • SarahRuthRuns
    SarahRuthRuns Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    That's amazing - :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    I am going to make your NSV and use it to my advantage. It will go something like this...

"This lady has lost 11lb and can now get her wedding ring on. Her hand looks really pretty.
    I wonder if my hand will look as pretty as hers. I know why don't we buy me an engagement ring to find out"
    HahahaHahaha I know what the answer will be!!

Haha! You'll have to let me know how that goes! :)
  • jal92475
    jal92475 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I always had my rings on but I couldn't get them off. I can get them off now! I share your joy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!