Staying on track???

Options
The past few days so many co-worker have made comments about my weight loss. Everyone says I am looking great and that I am looking skinny. They ask what I am doing and I tell them I am tracking my calories on MFP and working hard to stay in my calorie goals. It feels great having the positive comments, but it is at this point in my journeys past that I begin to lose focus and start gaining back the weight. I am not planning on losing my way, but any tips would be great. Thanks.

Replies

• jennrn2001
    jennrn2001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I am experiencing the same thing. Unfortunately I did not catch on to my fall of the proverbial wagon until I had a regain of 26lbs. Today I am making a commitment to myself to get back on track so I can lose the 26lbs I regained and maintain the 114lb weight loss I had from 8/2012 to 3/2014. I have let myself go......so I need to get back on the no simple carbs (white bread, sugar, etc) high protein low fat eating plan that worked. Please send prayers and/or positive thoughts my way. I will be doing the same for you!
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me as jennrn2001. I regained about 20 pounds before i put a stop to it. My plan for this round is to file away the 'you look awesome' comments as 'keep going you are almost there' instead of the 'you're done' that i let myself believe that it was. Im going to log EVERYTHING this time instead of skipping the oh to frequent cheat days. Hopefully that will keep me motivated and on track.

I hope you can find away to keep your rhythm. Remember what has been working for you and stick with it as long as you can.
  • Leenda62
    Leenda62 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. When I start to show it and people start to mention it I fall a part. I have never understood why. I am glad I am not alone in that. I have wondered why. Do I feel over confident? Or do I feel, well, ashamed and put on the spot like I need to talk about it?

Once again I have started to feel that way again and have to get my stuff together. I will pray for you. Take care you.
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You need to write down little notes to yourself as to why you're on this path. Also having before photos to hand or stuck up where you can see them and remind yourself of your achievements.
  • haleigh29
    haleigh29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support and encouragement everyone. It is nice to know that I am not alone in feeling a bit apprehensive at this point in my journey. I will continue to track and stay committed to my goal of losing 12 more lbs. It is so odd that when others start giving such positive feedback, that we being to falter. I don't know if it is feeling complacent or if it is doubt in myself that begins to settle in, but I am going to work hard to stay on track.