Looking for friends & support

Hello,

I've been hearing a lot about this site, so I finally decided to take the plunge and see what it's all about. I just joined tonight. So if anyone is looking for new friends. Please feel free to add me. I'm about half way into my weight loss journey and I seemed to have hit a plateau. So I'm feeling a little bit discouraged. But I knew this would eventually happen. This isn't my first time losing a lot of weight. Been there done that before. I'm down 43 lbs and have about 80 more to go. My problem is I don't have anyone to work out with. I thought this would be a great place to seek some encouragement and hopefully encourage someone else along the way.

Replies

• HI there... I would love to be your support buddy.. I as well have lost, gained, lost, gained weight my whole life....I think I now finally have the mind set to do something for me and for good this time...my kids are all old enough now that they don't need my constant care so I can actually start doing things for myself!! :)
  • xphoenixfirex
    xphoenixfirex Posts: 34 Member
    Still pretty new to this place myself, feel free to add me :)
  • quzly
    quzly Posts: 78 Member
    I can totally relate to not have a work out buddy. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Thanks so much. I appreciate your kind words. I just sent ya a friend request,
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Anyone feel free to add me. I love supporting and encouraging my MFP friends.
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Feel free to add me, I'm down 58 lbs and I have 86 lbs to go. I log in everyday and I am always looking for new friends to receive/offer encouragement.
  • I am new to the sight but not the app! Need support as well and a cheerleading section please!! Need to get 36 pounds off! Well...... I need more but that would be an awesome start!!!
  • How do I add the fitness ticker to my posts? I'm new at this. I added it to my profile, but can't seem to get it to load to my posts. Thanks!
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    At the top of the Community pages - like this one - it says "Home", "Recent Posts" "My Topics" "Settings". Click on settings and change your preference.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    I log and workout daily. Feel free to add me everyone :-D
  • Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to the friendship, support and encouragement.
    :smile:
  • Still new too and would love more friends. Feel free to add me.
  • ljpjones
    ljpjones Posts: 49 Member
    Sent a request :) I'm on every day , and love the support on this site .
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    I know I like having a work out spotter too.
  • RollosJ
    RollosJ Posts: 30 Member
    It sucks having to do it alone. So feel free to add me or any other fitness loner out there.
  • NaRmI10
    NaRmI10 Posts: 48 Member
    Hello Happy to support. I have no workout buddy either..... can relate :)
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    You can add me...
  • SGJ86
    SGJ86 Posts: 31 Member
    Feel free to add me ;)
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Hi! Feel free to add me. :) Always looking to add more support and give in return. I'm a VERY active user.
  • freyja1197
    freyja1197 Posts: 99 Member
    I've been here for about a month and a half and could use a new friend or five :) Feel free to add me, too!
  • disneygirl626
    disneygirl626 Posts: 132 Member
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I'm pretty active on the site and I'm looking for someone to hold me accountable for working out. I'll gladly return the favor. :)
  • Hi there,
    Add me if you'd like to.. I just passed 1 year here on mfp.. I log daily and my diary is open to my friends.. Would be great to add a few new friends to help support and get their support as well !!!
  • Hi everyone :) I'm new to this as of today. My name's Keira :D Hoping to find some friends to help motivate each other :) Feel free to add me, still working it all out!
  • Brolympus
    Brolympus Posts: 360 Member
    Feel free to add. I post regularly. My goals are weight training oriented and getting bigger as opposed to weight loss, but we are all here for fitness in one sense or another.
  • GrandmaJackee
    GrandmaJackee Posts: 46 Member
    Anyone can add me, I am on every day.
  • Mizzy58
    Mizzy58 Posts: 47 Member
    You can add me. I'm restarting my forever journey.
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Hi feel free to add me I'm on daily my name is Lisa. You can do it
  • Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome and all the support. Feel free to add me. Thanks!