Gained back 10 pounds! :(

Options
I had started my journey in july 2010 starting at 165 lbs, and was 139 pounds on Dec15, 2010.

I have always been unhappy about the way i look, and for the first time..i felt happy and confident about my weight in december...

But..i just dont know why..i gave up ...and its embarassing and sad..but I gained back 10 lbs...and am 149 lbs today :((

so if i lost 26 pounds in approx 5 months...i gained back 10 of those pounds in last 1.5 month :((

a friend told me of this site...so i m joining as a new member today...

hope i will be able to pick myself up...and feel good about myself again....

good luck to everyone...and hope 2011 is a great year for everyone!!!

Replies

• angelmuss
    Options
    It happens to everyone. 10 pounds isn't so bad. You can totally get back on track.

Good luck :)
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you get back on track, make sure you are drinking plenty of water and getting at least 30 minutes of exercise each day you can probably lose those 10 pounds REALLY quick...I wouldn't worry the holidays just got over with and I am SURE that alot of people gained back weight...now to really turn it up...GOOD LUCK...you can do this
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    you can do it
    you are worth the work
    don't let yourself slip any more, as someone who had to work hard to lose 50lbs that I had already worked hard to get rid of once, do whatever you need to to stop that downward slide.

Good luck
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You can get back on track and those 10 pounds will come off before you know it!!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    Ok so you gained weight back but atleast you are getting a handle on it now when its only 10 pounds! Seems like being happy and confident are only around the corner for you! You can do this! you are so close!! Check out Ben's Journey- makes ours so much closer and easier!! GOOD LUCK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU
  • xMarcyx
    Options
    Same thing just happened to me... I went from 176 (Jan 2010) to 152 (June 2010) and maintained over the summer. I kept intending to go back to the gym but never made it... My weight crept up 10 pounds from Oct - now!!! I've been back at the gym and back on this site for two weeks and I'm down 3 pounds already. Just increasing my water has made a huge difference!!!
    You just have to get back on track. One day at a time! I think we're both smart to take action before it creeps up even more! 10 pounds is not overwhelming.
    My plan is to take each day and make good choices. Get in my work outs and track my food on MFP. I'm not going to stress about the number on the scale because I know that will come if I do everything else!
    Good Luck and don't feel too discouraged!
  • srlhome
    Options
    I lost 30+ lbs on 2008. Then I slowly gained back 12lbs. I think this weight gaining has something to do with my eating pattern not matching with my normal daily life. That is, when you are thinking of being on diet, the diet would eventually turn toward the opposite direction. Hence, the weight gaining.

So, I am now practicing on "making my meals" as part of my normal life and hope sticking to the hobby forever.
  • determined12345
    Options
    Thanks everyone for ur kind words! This really is a great place!

So I got a new weight machine today ( as I felt my old one was not accurate), and am starting today at 147.4 lbs

My goal is to lose at least 2 lbs per week... With my GW of 125 lbs...

Also... I am starting p90x from today... Got all the DVDs

I am not sure if I can follow their diet plan... But intend to eat as many proteins as possible..

If anyone else starting p90x... Let's do it together?!! :))

Happy losing! :)