I'm the only one that eats in public.

Options
13»

Replies

• cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ALL OF YOU WHO HATE TO WASTE FOOD. It's crazy... especially if you ordered the food and are paying WAY more than normal grocery store price... off the main topic.. but so happy, I'm not alone in this crazy world.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    These girls sound like group that is 'feeding off' (pardon the play on words) one another. They all see the others not eating their lunch and do the same. They don't want to appear to be the one that actually eats! Of course in the privacy of home, I'm sure they get their food in - or perhaps they all have an ED. What a sad way to live.

I would continue eating your lunch - find someone new to sit with if possible who doesn't appear to be developing or having eating disorders.

I'm sure glad you're not stopping your lunch in order to 'fit in'!
  • jedimonkey
    jedimonkey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't notice as I would be too busy munching ;)

I hate food waste. I made baked potato and tuna salads for me and 2 other yesterday. They didn't fancy it, so I made them steak instead. However my lunch today was baked potato, salad and tuna. Tomorrows lunch will also be the same.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling. It seems like someone at work is always saying, are you eating all of that? Are you eating again? You eat more than most men!

WOWWWWW that is SO rude.
  • avibachar
    Options
    If anything, it's your co-workers that should be embarrassed and uncomfortable for wasting food and money - not to mention that it makes them seem like they're running an anorexics-anonymous meeting.

Enjoy your lunch and be confident that you've chosen something healthy to eat.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I work as a server and see this a lot. All I can think in my head is you poor poor uneducated girl. You do not have to starve yourself to lose weight. If annoys me so bad. When I eat or go out to eat, I plan for it and enjoy it. I will never understand people throwing away money like that.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I see plenty of women who could actually lose a few pounds only eat a few bites and then say they're stuffed. In that instance, I'm sure it's because they're self-conscious about eating, which is ridiculous. I'm also sure they're eating later, when no one is looking.

Restaurant food is notoriously high in calories, so I can see only eating a little bit of it. It's pretty hard to find a restaurant meal under 800 calories. But just a few bites? That's taking it a little far.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    And this is why I didn't get along with girls when I was a young adult :laugh: :laugh: That kind of crap drives me nuts.

I'd say they probably eat or drink their fair share of 'junk' later. But I'd be hard pressed not to say anything, I mean, if they're going to throw food away, why not just order a small appetizer or something? Or they have an ED and genuinely eat 800 calories a day, and it's sad. It's like the '1200 calories' thing... apparently it's a lifestyle. Heck Jessica Alba was saying in some interviews that she eats 1200 calories a day.

Sad.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Within certain constraints (famine, poverty and cannibalism come to mind) you get to put whatever you want into your mouth.

While the consensus seems to be that it is wrong (wasteful, mental, etc...) eating slower and leaving food on your plate aren't, IMO, bad habits.

I don't take home leftovers (except pizza). And I don't feel obligated to eat whatever portion of food that a restaurant chooses to place in front of me (except pizza - and maybe carrot cake).

I would just assume that they ate a large breakfast or are planning to eat a large dinner and appreciate that they still wanted to enjoy the social aspect of lunch with me.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    And this is why I didn't get along with girls when I was a young adult :laugh: :laugh: That kind of crap drives me nuts.

This!!
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Either I am oblivious or I have truly never seen anyone do this. Maybe I just don't pay attention to what someone else is eating. If I'm hungry (always), I eat. I order what I want, scarf it all down to the last drop (or take it home), eat more than most men I know, and pretty proud of it... I know someone morbidly obese who eats like a bird in public. She has no unusual medical diagnosis. I KNOW she did not get to be that way without going home and having at it from being starved during the day...... If she ate what she was hungry for, she might not have health issues she has by pretending to not eat when she is in public. Eat as you please and set the example for your friends. Healthy fit people eat.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way but at least my friends box it up and take it home. I used to feel guilty but I know my meal fits in my calories so I don't worry too much about it anymore.