High HR!!!!

Options
So last night I was pushing really hard through my Brazil Butt Lift DVD. I just finished my blurpees when I was totally out of breath. I looked down at my HRM and it said 220! I immidiately paused my DVD and started walking and taking deep breaths to slow it down. It slowed down just fine.

I am not sure why it was so high. I have never had it past 195 and that was with me running 7MPH. Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I talk to a dr or just monitor my HR more closely?

Replies

• kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It could have just been a fluke. I've seen my HRM give me a strange reading every once in a while and then it jumps down to a more normal range. I would just keep an eye on it. If it starts happening frequently or you feel dizzy, light headed, or nauseous when you're getting the high of a reading then I would talk to a dr.
  • punkrockmama
    punkrockmama Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant? My sister had the same thing happen once before...9 months later my niece was born!!!!

Hope all is well!
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    lord I hope not, lmao. actually TOM was leaving yesterday
    Could you be pregnant? My sister had the same thing happen once before...9 months later my niece was born!!!!

Hope all is well!
  • aggielauren
    aggielauren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have this problem every time I exercise. My cardiologist told me that unless you were passing out, throwing up, or experiance pain with the high heart rate, not to worry. He said its more concerning and worth looking into if the heart rate doesn't come down quickly, or you experiance other symptoms with it.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    THANKS! This makes me feel so much better. I just walked and it came down pretty fast and B4 you know it was 153, but I get panic attacks due to things rushing around in my head and then I can't breath(just the feeling, not really)...so I called it quits and will have to make sure I just take it a bit easier.
    I have this problem every time I exercise. My cardiologist told me that unless you were passing out, throwing up, or experiance pain with the high heart rate, not to worry. He said its more concerning and worth looking into if the heart rate doesn't come down quickly, or you experiance other symptoms with it.