Smashburger...

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
Soooo one opened up here. I'm very tempted. Recommendations?

Replies

• desolate_angel
    desolate_angel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I could eat their smashfries all day long. Yum! The servings are pretty decent sized so my husband and I share one order of them (470 calories total).
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I ate there once. The rosemary garlic fries are worth dying for. The burger was OK...not bad but not amazing. But the burger and fries added up to some insane amount of calories, way beyond my total daily goal. Definitely not a place I would go to on a regular basis.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I love the truffle burger with smashfries. The shakes are pretty awesome too.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The Nutter Butter milkshake -- although hubby prefers the chocolate with an extra shot of malt. The burgers are good. The fries are good but not to die for IMHO.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Good burgers :drinker:

I don't care for the regular fries. I prefer the sweet potato fires.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago, I visited a Habit that just opened near me. Since I don't indulge in burger and fries too often, it was a special treat. I enjoyed it immensely and the calories were less than Smashburger.
  • ReannaChere
    Options
    I had the chicken wrap, which was massive and freaking awesome. My partner got a Swiss mushroom burger that I would suggest for taste! Not so much diet. I'll live vicariously through anyone that goes to smash burger. The food is great and the service was awesome! I have been doing so good on more of a vegan - based diet though! Enjoy!!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    We don't have them in my area, but the couple of times that I've been to one, I've really enjoyed their black bean burgers. Mm. The rosemary fries are also very good!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Hmm they don't have wraps. Are you sure we're talking about the same place?

We might go today. Don't really want to though. We'll see.
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    One opened near me last year. I've been a little curious but haven't gone. I just looked over their nutrition document, and I can say definitively that I won't be going, ever. The sodium, folks! It's insane! A regular burger and fries exceeds a full day's sodium allowance by quite a bit. No thanks!
    http://smashburger.com/pdf/NutritionalDoc.pdf
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    We go about once a month. I'd rather have a really good 900 calorie burger/fries meal than lighter, pale substitutes. I'm pretty sure they'd do a lettuce leaves 'bun' if I asked but I just get the burger (no cheese or mayo), and we split a side of fries, and enjoy it.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yeah I'll definitely be going eventually, I can fit a grilled chicken burger and some fries in my days easily... just not today. The scale is finally down, lol.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    We use to go about once every six months - we know go to elevation burger when we need a fix. For a special treat, smash burger ranks up there - I get the burger bunless and enjoy.
  • ReannaChere
    Options
    My bad! I'm thinking about a smaller newer chain called burger rush in tempe. To die for for anyone who lives in the phoenix metropolitan area!
  • tmdpotts
    tmdpotts Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    been tempted to give it a try myslef and then up just making a huge bison burger at home with sweet potato fired and its less then half the cals for much more food. maybe when im out with friends i will go and take a bite
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok so I finally went. It was totally worth the calories (and totally filled me up so it fit in my day nicely), I got the regular classic and the smashfries... but OMG the sodium. It usually doesn't bother me but I swear my body could still feel it last night. I didn't weigh myself this morning, I'm probably retaining 2 pounds of water or something. Now I remember why I don't do fast food.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Smashburger!!! Yum!

My favorite is the BBQ Bacon Cheddar Burger. And fried onion strings.... OMG
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I <3 smashburger. Whenever I want a decadent meal and I've planned to fit it into my day, that's where I go. Spicy Baja and haystack onions. Mmmmm. If I can convince myself to bike today (tooooo cold), I'm going to smashburger for dinner.
  • DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Nothing special. Five Guys or In-N-Out is better.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Harvest salad is not as low in calories as it may look. I think it is the highest or 2nd highest. They have thier nutritional information available online. I've tried many of thier salads and didn't care for them (I usually love salads). I'm going to be trying a chicken sandwich next.