Skin changes?

Options
Only recently, my skin has been breaking out quite a bit. Only difference is that I am transitioning poultry, gluten, and diary back into my diet since I've been suffering low iron, low blood sugar and low blood pressure.

I know hormone from dairy can cause changes, but this is sort of ridiculous.

Anyone else have this problem or suggestions?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    When you make three changes at the same time, it is hard to know which one is causing the issue.
    Does it itch?
    It might not be related to the food at all.
    See a dermatologist so that you can get the doctor to do a biopsy.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You're not alone, but I don't know what the problem is.

I've been seeing a dermatologist for the past 10 years for adult acne, but it got REALLY bad (and spread to my back, where I've never had a problem) right about the time that I stepped up my workouts a few months ago. It's not sweat-related, because I'm showering now more than ever. The doctor just said something about hormonal changes from working out and gave me some antibiotic rinse to use in the shower.

But that was just yesterday, so I don't know if it works or not yet.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Why not try adding the poultry, gluten and dairy back in one at a time? Then you could maybe rule one out.
  • lh1990
    lh1990 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    keep me updated! I think it's also work out related. But I just want to know it'll go away with time.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I started keto and had amazing skin. As soon as i upped my carbs a tiny bit, i started getting pimples again.