needing inspiration

Options
xxshebearxx
xxshebearxx Posts: 23 Member
HELP! i need inspiration! what are some awesome low cal meals? sick of eating the same things day after day!

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Memowe
    Memowe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This week I tried chilled cucumber and greek yogurt soup with two slices of toasted baguette! It was pretty tasty for a hot day, but only if you're a fan of dill. The soup was around 200 calories, and the bread was around 150.
  • stacye86
    stacye86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently tried this one, which is fairly low cal, and really filling!! and super simple!! If you have any ideas in return, please tell me as much as I like this one, I've eaten it too many times recently!

1. Grill some turkey breast (I dusted with Cajun spices, but you don't have to)
    2. chop some leeks and mushrooms (sweat the leeks in the pan before adding mushrooms)
    3. While this is going on, have some wholewheat pasta on the boil
    4. Add these all together in a pan, mix with salt, pepper and Super low fat Philadelphia (I use the 75% less calories one, you don't need much to cover your food!)

I sometimes change the veggies or meat in this depending on what I feel like using and how many calories I have remaining. You can also buy the flavoured soft cheese, I used the sweet chili one last week and it was awesome :)

Its also an obvious one, but omelette rocks! Again I use different veggies )sometimes even broccoli!) to change it.....
  • xxshebearxx
    Options
    I recently tried this one, which is fairly low cal, and really filling!! and super simple!! If you have any ideas in return, please tell me as much as I like this one, I've eaten it too many times recently!

1. Grill some turkey breast (I dusted with Cajun spices, but you don't have to)
    2. chop some leeks and mushrooms (sweat the leeks in the pan before adding mushrooms)
    3. While this is going on, have some wholewheat pasta on the boil
    4. Add these all together in a pan, mix with salt, pepper and Super low fat Philadelphia (I use the 75% less calories one, you don't need much to cover your food!)

I sometimes change the veggies or meat in this depending on what I feel like using and how many calories I have remaining. You can also buy the flavoured soft cheese, I used the sweet chili one last week and it was awesome :)

Its also an obvious one, but omelette rocks! Again I use different veggies )sometimes even broccoli!) to change it.....

that sounds pretty good, does it work as well with chicken?

im so sick of eggs lol. ive been mainlining them for a week (had them two meals a day and am a bit sick of them lol)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Winter squash is in season. I have a cabinet full of delicata, blue hubbard, sweet dumpling, butternut, white acorn, buttercup and chinese lantern squash. Pick a pretty one, cut it in half longways, scoop out the seeds (which can be roasted and eaten like pumpkin seeds) and bake for an hour at around 400 (slightly less if the squash is small, check it with a fork around 40 minutes).

You can eat it plain with a little salt right out of the skin, or you can scoop out the flesh and mash it with some herbs or spices...nutmeg, thyme or sage are particularly good. You can stuff the squash in the spot where the seeds were...today I stuffed mine with rice cooked with dried cranberries, pine nuts, baby bell peppers and onions cooked with a little miso.

You can also peel and cube the squash flesh and bake or sautee until carmelized. Mix with spinach and goat cheese. You can stuff pasta shells with it or spread it over a pizza crust.
  • xxshebearxx
    Options
    that sounds really good, could do so many different things with it as well
  • pbandbananas1996
    pbandbananas1996 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin egg white oats:

1/2 cup oats
    1 cup water
    2 egg whites
    1/2 cup pumpkin
    cinnamon
    pumpkin pie spice
    stevia

Boil oats and water in a pan at the same time. Once the oats are boiling, add egg whites and stir immediately until oats and egg whites are completely combined. The mixture should be thick. Turn heat to simmer and add pumpkin, stirring until combined. Turn off the heat and add desired amount of cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and stevia.

Blueberry protein smoothie:

1/3 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1-2 tsp xanthan gum (depending on how thick you like your smoothie)
    6-8 ice cubes
    1 scoop flavored whey protein powder (I use cookies and cream)

Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Eat as is or add some toppings!

BLT sandwich:

Two slices whole wheat/grain bread
    2 slices turkey bacon
    1 lettuce leaf
    tomato slices
    salt
    pepper
    optional: mustard

Toast bread and butter and/or add mustard. Top with turkey bacon, lettuce, tomato, salt, pepper and enjoy!
  • xxshebearxx
    Options
    whats turkey bacon? never heard of it (we might not have it in Australia :) )
  • pbandbananas1996
    pbandbananas1996 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It's an imitation bacon made from turkey :) If you don't have it, just go with regular bacon.
  • xxshebearxx
    Options
    i don't think its sold in convenient stores here. think it may be a specialty item. ill stick with bacon. THANKS!
  • S_Murphree
    Options
    Put chicken breast in slow cooker (season as desired) . Cook until tender. Shred for shredded chicken tacos, salad, bbq sandwiches.

Flat bread pizzas. Use flat bread as crust. Top with favorite veggies, 2% cheese and meat of choice. I like chicken on mine.

Pasta amped up with lots of roasted veggies.

Roasted veggies are the bomb. Toss with tiny bit of oil and roast in 400 degree oven until tender. I've eaten broccoli, radishes, carrots, broccoli and potatoes like this. Mrs. Dash is a good seasoning.

Omelets are good. I like mine with mushrooms, peppers, onion, tomatoes and cheese.

Good luck.