Eating nuts

Options
Does anyone eat nuts? I love them and they help me feel full, I don't eat a lot because they are lots of calories. I put them in yougart or cottage cheese. Do you eat nuts? What kind and how much?

Replies

• FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate covered almonds....I cant have those anymore. lol
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    pistachios. I try to eat them just about every day.

I also have some walnuts in my greek yogurt along with blueberries or raspberries.
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yup, love them. Usually almonds, macadamia, cashews, pecans, walnuts. Mostly almonds. I bag them in 1-2 oz portions, since my fiancée and I work together I'll know can have half a bag for a snack. I also make nut butter with almonds. I'll put 1-2 cups of almonds in my food processor with coconut oil and blend it for a while. I'll stop and scoop down the sides and possibly add more oil. This last time I added 2 tbsp. butter as well as some liquid stevia drops. It's delicious, I hide it in the fridge so I don't eat too much!!!
  • robinschwalb
    robinschwalb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • ret114
    ret114 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I try to add nuts or seeds each day. I generally eat almonds and cashews, but I also eat walnuts. I agree that they should be eaten in moderation because they are high in calories, but they also contain wonderful nutrients and the "good fats" that help lower the bad cholesterol in our bodies. Sunflower seeds are good for you as well. They are great to add to salads.

Good luck with your weight loss goals!
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    what is "yougart ".
  • sensitivefool
    sensitivefool Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Unsalted, otherwise I down the entire container.
    Cashews and pistachios make me drool.
    Learned I love seeds as well.
    Mmmmmmm.
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love love love walnuts
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love raw cashews & pistachios :heart:
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat nuts?

Yes, all kinds
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Peanuts, pecans & pistachios.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Mostly peanuts(yes I know technically not a nut), cashews, or soaked almonds. 1/3 cup max daily. Brought some unsalted peanuts in a ziplock when I went to see "The Equalizer" today. Denzel is the man!!!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is 1/2 oz of pecans or almonds and a Light and Fit Greek 80. Keeps me going through workout all the way to first break at work.
    Lori
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I love them. Raw almonds are my favorite, but I also love salted pistachios. I also make my own almond milk, which is delicious. Soak raw almonds for 12-24 hours. Blend in your blender, strain (I use a nut milk bag, but I know you can use cheesecloth). Super easy and sooo flavor packed!
  • kyach
    kyach Posts: 17
    Options
    I eat one serving of almonds a few times a week
  • onewhodiets
    onewhodiets Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love tamari flavoured almonds. I have made them myself, but just buying them at Costco is easier. They are a healthy fat, if only one can be moderate about them, which is hard with something soooo tasty!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Unsalted raw, organic: for my fat based meals I choose macadamias, walnuts, pignoli, & filberts/hazelnuts. For a snack I choose cashews or almonds as they have a lower ratio of fats to carbs. I also like to use pepitas/pumpkin seeds in my breakfast cereal or yogourt. I spend between $550 and $750 on nuts for the year (I buy them in bulk fresh in early November and keep them in my cold storage room.) They're vital in my maintenance plan.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I like to put sunflower seeds and chia seeds in my Greek yogurt for breakfast. I also snack on little 100 calorie packs of flavored almonds. I love pistachios too, but they are so expensive, so I don't have them often.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I love almost all nuts, but right now I have a "thing" for the chili lime flavored almonds that Blue Diamond sells. I keep the can in my car and have some as a mid-morning snack on the days I work out. If I didn't keep them in the car, they would be gone the same day I bought them.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I love nuts, my main go to is raw almonds. I have to be careful though because they do not give me that full feeling so I really have to count them out before eating them. I also love nut butter, I can eat a jar of peanut or almond butter very easily and really have to watch.