Switching to Maintenance and Heavy Lifting - Need Friends

Options
2»

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole!
    That is awesome you can do 3 pull-ups, my goal is at least one.
    I am currently bulking and lifting so feel free to add me !
    I am also a very big eater :drinker: :happy:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You need to keep up the cardio as this workout will bulk you up... Good luck!
    rckstr.gif

Whats your point? She asked about lifting heavy which I have done for years and I gave her info on how I lift heavy which may not relate to a women(which i State) Anyhow she can take what she needs and leave the rest.

The point of this is that the vast majority of women don't have enough testosterone to get bulky, no matter how much they lift. And cardio isn't necessary for anything more than cardiovascular health.

OP: WTG on the pull ups. That's awesome!!!
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    rckstr.gif

Whats your point? She asked about lifting heavy which I have done for years and I gave her info on how I lift heavy which may not relate to a women(which i State) Anyhow she can take what she needs and leave the rest.

The point of this is that the vast majority of women don't have enough testosterone to get bulky, no matter how much they lift. And cardio isn't necessary for anything more than cardiovascular health.

Valid points ^ Thanks .
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    can i join in? will be there in the next 4-6 months.

was lifting in august, just had some surgery, will get back into it when my body allows.

now that i've gotten past 100+ lbs lost i'm slowly upping my calories (averaged 1700-1800 pretty much the entire time, never was low). slightly on hold the next couple of weeks, as my activity level is low right now while recovering.

i HAVE to work on strength, as it is the only real way to fight off injuries being hypermobile. and who doesn't want to be strong??

please add!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    rckstr.gif

Valid points ^ Thanks .

No problem. :smile: The Rock was a WAY sassier way of saying it, though!! You'll get used to the heap of sarcasm on here and that is when this place gets fun! :laugh:
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    It's cool, I'm a slow learner....lol
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I've also just started doing the same thing...upped my calories to around 2000 a day give or take and am currently in the second phase of Body Beast. Feel free to add me if you like and good luck to you!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Hi OP

Great job on the pull ups.

I am on a cut as well but still at 2k as my TDEE is 2267...I did Stronglifts for a year 5x5 for most of it and 3x5 for the summer and recently switched to Wendler 5/3/1

I eat reasonably most of the time following IIFYM as closely as I can...usually getting in 120grams of protien a day.

So I think I fit what you are looking for...add me if you want to.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    rckstr.gif

Valid points ^ Thanks .

No problem. :smile: The Rock was a WAY sassier way of saying it, though!! You'll get used to the heap of sarcasm on here and that is when this place gets fun! :laugh:

Agreed...esp on the whole bulky business...

I almost jumped all over you for that..but read down further first...hoping someone had corrected you....
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love heavy lifting, and eat WELL above 2000 calories most days. I'm 5'4 and 118 pounds currently, trying to gain muscle & lose a little more body fat. I'm planning another bulk soon, so I'll be consuming insane quantities of food (again). Finding the magic caloric number has been difficult for me, since I tend to lose weight instead of gain now. It is definitely true that the more lean muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest! Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'm on here every day except Sunday, which is my day of rest. :flowerforyou:
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    rckstr.gif

Valid points ^ Thanks .

I almost jumped all over you for that..but read down further first...hoping someone had corrected you....

When I was mentioning the bulk I was thinking of what it does for me...Not understanding at that moment how it relates to a womens body... Lesson learned, Now time for my protein drink.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    rckstr.gif

Valid points ^ Thanks .

When I was mentioning the bulk I was thinking of what it does for me...Not understanding at that moment how it relates to a womens body... Lesson learned, Now time for my protein drink.

Totally understandable :flowerforyou: . The only reason we tend to jump all over this particular phrase is because there are a lot of women out there who are afraid to pick up a barbell because they think they'll get "bulky", when barbell training is usually exactly what they *should* be doing to get the results they want.
  • Srendon1111
    Srendon1111 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I don't eat 2000 calories, but I'm only 5'1. I'm actually joining a gym on Monday to start a lifting program by Jamie eason and I love food. I will never eat less than 1200. Lol. Feel free to add me. I'm all about gaining muscle than being skinny. And I can do 5 pull ups:-)
  • lemonlime006
    Options
    I've enjoyed this entire thread! I'd like to think I fit in somewhere in here. My calorie count is 1,780 without doing anything. I usually end up working out for a total of 2 1/2-3 hours 4 days/week. (That's broken up into two or three sessions within a day usually). Depending on the week, I'll fit in one extra hour or so on a 5th day. With all the working out. I easily top over 2,100 calories on those days. I'm still trying to figure out the best balance of what to eat, since I tend to be under calories for workout days, then feel hungry all day on rest days. 2 days a week I do circuit training, which may involve some weights, and 2-3 days a week I lift, and I've been incorporating heavier and heavier weights. I'd like to be strong, and still get faster, so I'm still running 4 days a week.
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What a fun thread this has turned into!

I scared the crap of my husband when I managed my first pull-up. I totally hulked-out and stomped around the house hollering like a crazy lady. When he finally figured out that I was celebrating, there was a round of embarrassing high fives. Here's to be more strong. With that, I'm off to the gym right now to start the new lifting routine. :)