Lunch box ideas?

Options
Hi there! I'm an 18 year old uni student studying medicine, which means my timetable is choc-a-bloc with lectures from 9-5 with a 30 minute lunch break! Anyone got any ideas on what I can take for my lunch? I have a few ideas, but could do with some more input! They don't have a microwave or fridge, which sucks, and also I don't like salads so please don't suggest that haha :)

MY IDEAS:

Sandwich/ pitta/ bagel/ wrap

Fillings - ham, chicken, turkey, cheese, mustard, avocado (how would I do this?) and chickpeas (again, any chickpea ideas?) :)

Noodles (cold)

Pitta pizza! (amazing, 350 calories for a pizza).

Snacks:

Fruit, crisps, nuts, dried fruit, dark chocolate, oat bars, popcorn

Any suggestions? :drinker:

Replies

• shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Some of mine:

Bagel/Sandwich

Pasta salad.

Pitta bread with turkey/ham and salad stuff (You can swap the salad out for other stuff though :D)

Noodles and vegetables.

Snacks:

Popcorn, Fruit, nuts.

You could also make more food at dinner and take leftovers, if that helps.
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm in nursing school and work long shifts as well as having clinicals so I feel you!

Today on a 16hr shift I brought, two flour tortillas, some turkey salami, shredded cheese, greek yogurt dressing I made (with sirracha, spices and mustard), some cereal bars (special K) some ritz chip crackers, a few carrott sticks, some lettuce (for the wraps just forgot about it till now!) I keep all the wrap stuff seperate and make it when I eat :)

Yesterday I brought a chicken pasta dish I made up the night before. :)
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I often pack chunks of grilled chicken or grilled shrimp for my daughter's lunches (in an insulated lunch box with an ice pack) sometimes I as a taco she'll and lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese and she can put her taco together at lunch. yogurt with granola packed separate to keep it from getting soggy. Fruit. Pretzels with dips like hummus or spinach dip. We use the ziploc divided container and it works really well

A thermos would really expand your options too. Soup, pasta with sauce etc.