Protein not losing weight?

Options
Hello,

I have upped my protein from 50/60g to 110/120g per day and lowered my carbs from 175g to 120/130g per day with a lot of exercise everyday, before I was losing weight now I am not, my question is can too much protein stop you losing weight? my calories are 1200 or less most days, my protein is lean, chicken, turkey, fish no skin or fat, I am trying very hard to lose weight. should I go back to 175g carbs and 50/60g grams protein?

Replies

• markrichtsspraytan
    Options
    Can you open up your diary so we can have a look?

Also, your goal weight is listed as 105 lbs. How tall are you? Do you know (approximately even) your body fat %?
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Protein won't impede your weight loss, so you are probably taking in more than you think for overall calories.

Either that, or as you've lost weight, your tdee has reset slightly, meaning you're now eating at maintenance
  • fitsporation96
    Options
    Hello,

I am 5,2 and no I am eating exactly the amount stated, my maintenance is definitely more than 1100/1200 calories, around 2000/2200 with light exercise, i I am also burning of 500 calories with exercise a day, sometimes more! I have opened my diary.