100 calorie snack ideas?

Options
Hello, I've been thinking of incorporating an afternoon snack to get me out of the "energy slump".

Even though I want it to be filling, I don't really want to spend more than 100 calories on it because I still prefer to save my calories for a big meal.

Any ideas?

Replies

• eranganm8
    eranganm8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    150g of green grapes (101 cals) - my favorite... half of my day I'm living on these delicious fruit... <3 or oven baked cauliflower chips (w/o oil) sprinkled with some black pepper and salt) - less than 100 cals
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like the 100 calorie beef jerky packs. They help me reach my protein goal but are a little high on sodium. The sodium doesn't bother me because i'm never even close to 1/2 the goal.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Edamame
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just off the top of my head (100 cals or less):

2 oreo 30% less fat cookies
    100g of cottage cheese
    apple &/or raspberries
    fibre 1 delight
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Rough. Can't think of any 100 calorie snack that would actually fill me up. Maybe 100 calories of nuts?
  • japaneseboy
    japaneseboy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    my favorite low calorie sweet is water ice.
    it is a 40 ml liquid tube, 90% water, 10% sugar and has 16 kcal.
    here in germany it comes in lemon, strawberry cherry, cola, woodruff and peach and is rather cheap (1,80€/l).
    i put them in a freezer and eat ~3 per day.

you could fit 6 of these babies into 100 calories.
  • markrichtsspraytan
    Options
    I like 1 serving of beef jerky (or turkey jerky), plus a piece of 35 calorie bread, especially an hour before a workout.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    A small apple or any small piece of fruit. It's compact and comes in its own package! :drinker:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    a big bowl of popcorn.