Replies

• 850bamafan
    850bamafan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My fav
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    When I have instant oatmeal I mix in cashews or almonds. Those are my favorite nuts.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I regularly eat nuts, often as my sort of dessert after dinner, if mixed with dried fruit.
    I used to sometimes go nuts on the nuts and get through 200g of almonds, but with my workouts, it never seemed to impact my weight the way that binges on chocolate or cookies etc did.
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love almonds and pistachios! I count every single nut I eat because they are up there in calories and I can eat them until I turn into one and still not feel full!
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Yeah I love nuts. Growing up, my Dad hated chocolate so at Christmas and birthdays, he'd always ask for nuts instead. I remember lots of times growing up, sitting there with a nut cracker, trying to coax out a full walnut or brazil nut.

I like to mix hazelnuts, pecans, brazil nuts and walnuts and then I use little tubs to divide up 50g portions to take to work with me. If I know it's going to be a busy day and I might not get time for lunch, I can take a 60g portion instead and that is plenty of calories to replace a meal with, plus quick and easy on the go, and I can pick at it all day if I want to.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I love walnuts that are still in the shell. (The chopped bagged ones have a yucky after taste). They take a long time to crack open and extract too (especially if you're a weakling like me), so you can spend awhile eating them without overeating them.
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love nuts too and have them mist days in my yoghurt. I have 3 hazelnuts, ,1/2 walnut, 3 almonds, 3 hazelnuts,1 brazil nut and smash them in my pestle mortar add to my yoghurt with a few raisins or sultanas. So yummy I love the crunch!
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat nuts? I love them and they help me feel full, I don't eat a lot because they are lots of calories. I put them in yougart or cottage cheese. Do you eat nuts? What kind and how much?

If you are enjoying your nuts...you'll have to try 'Hemp Hearts' - SOOO amazing. They are little shelled seeds that yes, are high in calories, but damn delicious and full of Omega's! Really good for you. Great for toppings - yogurt, cot. cheese, salads...yum!
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Only if they're shaved
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I add walnuts to my cereal everyday. I love nuts but try to be careful as they are packed in calories and worry about the Cholesterol.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them! Favorites are Macadamias, Walnuts, Pecans and Cashews. When I do buy them, I immediately portion them out into one ounce portions in snack-size baggies....then limit myself to 2/week for snack. I do keep a couple in each of the ambulances I work on so that if I get "stuck" away from food for longer than anticipated, I have something healthy with calories and fat to get me through in my emergency. :tongue:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Yeah I love nuts. Growing up, my Dad hated chocolate so at Christmas and birthdays, he'd always ask for nuts instead. I remember lots of times growing up, sitting there with a nut cracker, trying to coax out a full walnut or brazil nut.

That was always the first sign that Christmas was coming. As soon as the nut bowl came out and was filled with mixed nuts in the shell we knew the holidays were approaching. It always had walnuts, pecans, filberts, almonds, and brazil nuts. my favorites were the walnuts and filberts.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Yep, walnuts on greek yogurt with either honey or cocoa powder :love:
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Love them! I have either walnuts or almonds almost everyday.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm not good at having nuts, unfortunately. I feel I need to eat too many of them and then it's like 400 calories down the drain. Too bad!
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I like to sprinkle honey roasted almonds on my breakfast oatmeal. :) Usually drop 6 - 10 pieces in 1 go.

If I don't feel like nuts, I usually snack on honey roasted sunflower seeds. Those are yummy too.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I eat a handful of unsalted roasted almonds every day, mid-morning. They help keep my blood sugars in check. I also keep them in my car (or take them when I travel) as they do not require refridgeration.

Nuts, in moderation, are a good thing.