Lots to lose, starting from scratch

I am a stay at home mom to 2 little girls. I had some pregnancy complications (not weight related) and was on bedrest for 4 months, and then after the delivery I had more complications adding up to a grand tally of 9 months bedrest / restrictions on excercise. So I am totally out of shape and tired!

I have had a weight problem most of my life, but it didn't get too bad until a few years ago. Last year I lost 50 pounds, but then I had my 2nd beautiful daughter and have gained it all back to the pound. I am setting my goal at 100 pounds this time around. I know it won't come off overnight and it will take work, but it will be so worth it for my health, self esteem and maybe a million other reasons I can't think of right now.

I hate taking pictures! I usually find a way not to be in them, but I don't want to cut myself away from the family. My husband is wonderful and has never complained or said anything, but I want to do this for him too. I to wear them sexy jeans for him again lol. I just want a healthy and happy family, and I think that comes from better habits and this is the right place to start.

I NEED inspiration!! I tend to get bored with a program. I am hoping to meet some people and hopefully we can keep each other on track.

Replies

• I am a stay at home mom to 2 little girls. I had some pregnancy complications (not weight related) and was on bedrest for 4 months, and then after the delivery I had more complications adding up to a grand tally of 9 months bedrest / restrictions on excercise. So I am totally out of shape and tired!

I have had a weight problem most of my life, but it didn't get too bad until a few years ago. Last year I lost 50 pounds, but then I had my 2nd beautiful daughter and have gained it all back to the pound. I am setting my goal at 100 pounds this time around. I know it won't come off overnight and it will take work, but it will be so worth it for my health, self esteem and maybe a million other reasons I can't think of right now.

I hate taking pictures! I usually find a way not to be in them, but I don't want to cut myself away from the family. My husband is wonderful and has never complained or said anything, but I want to do this for him too. I to wear them sexy jeans for him again lol. I just want a healthy and happy family, and I think that comes from better habits and this is the right place to start.

I NEED inspiration!! I tend to get bored with a program. I am hoping to meet some people and hopefully we can keep each other on track.
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    :flowerforyou: Welcome! You'll love this site. The members are all working toward the same goal, losing pounds and getting healthier. We can give advice, relate experiences, and even crack a few jokes now and then, but we are all serious about our purpose for joining MFP. You've definitely come to the right site!

Wishing you total success and satisfaction in your healthy journey. :love:
    We're all here to work together. Just feel free to ask and also to share your own experiences with different foods and exercises.

Marti (Kentucky Grandma)
    :blushing:
    Your baby is precious!!! :heart:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome to this forum ... You'll find motivation and support from many members... Best Wishes :flowerforyou:
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Welcome!!! I'm a newbe 2 and already I feel the warmth here--I'm sure you'll feel it too--being a stay-at-home mum sometimes you don't have connections with the outside world, so having grown-ups to talk to is helpful (i'm at home as well) We can all use a little help. Hope to see you around
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Welcome! I'm also a fairly new mom, I have a 4 month old boy and I know what it's like to gain weight because of pregnancy! You're going to love it here - MFP is the best thing I've ever come across to help guide you on your journey.:flowerforyou:
  • pros696
    pros696 Posts: 80
    Good luck to everyone here. I started at 270lbs and I am at 240lbs. I started my workouts before I found this site. I just joined and hopefully it will give me some good insight to my weight loss goals.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    welcome to everyone :flowerforyou: This site is an awesome tool with a great support network! Not only is it fun, it WORKS. there are too many success stories to list! Welcome welcome welcome :drinker:
  • cre13
    cre13 Posts: 68
    Welcome to MFP! I've been a member for only a couple of days but I LOVE IT HERE!!!

I have 98 more pounds to lose, I've only been working on it for just about a week now. I started needed to lose 100 and at first I thought it was impossible but after getting on this site and meeting some of the folks, I realize that I can do this! AND SO CAN YOU!!!! :wink:

If you ever need someone to talk to, let me know! I'm completely blind going into this so I can't offer you any real "tried and true" advice but I'm willing to learn right alongside of you!!

Hugs!
    :heart: Chirleen
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    :flowerforyou: welcome!!!
  • msce2
    msce2 Posts: 35
    Welcome! Congrats on your new little one!!

I never struggled with weight until I had my 3 kids. Now I'm slowly working my way down. With my 3rd pregnancy I was up to 198lbs, I'm down to 146, and would love to get back to the 115 I was before kids. This site has great advice!!!
  • Gabbi
    Gabbi Posts: 206 Member
    Welcome. Keeping track of ALL u eat is the key. It shows u exactly how to cut your calories, it helps u to eat healthier. Good luck!!!
  • flemtc
    flemtc Posts: 17
    hang in there! I've been off the site for at least 3 or 4 days and it gets lonely working on your weight without support. I need to check in more often....for sure....and keep count of the calories. I have found that one piece of pie makes the difference! But, counting those calories, even if you can't exercise, will help. And, if you can, get a good physical and make sure your blood work is in order. Sometimes we have nutritional deficiencies (sp) that can really affect how we feel. I had a vitamin B deficiency and it really gave me more energy when I added a supplement. Blessings! :happy:
  • flemtc
    flemtc Posts: 17
    and...you have a beautiful baby....lots of hair! how fun!