Confused with food calculator

I am pretty confused about the calculated as it only offers sometimes just ONE selection for portion? Like portobello mushroom, I just ate one sautéed in a little soy sauce, it was about 4 ounces, but the selections are only 1 ounce or 8 ounces, does this mean I have to add it four times to get my portion size to calculate calories??

Replies

• Boo Hoo... most other entries have lots of responses, no one has responded to me :-( I will be beginning tomorrow and am doing shopping and checking out recipes, I sure would appreciate some help with using this on line calculator, thanks!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    I am pretty confused about the calculated as it only offers sometimes just ONE selection for portion? Like portobello mushroom, I just ate one sautéed in a little soy sauce, it was about 4 ounces, but the selections are only 1 ounce or 8 ounces, does this mean I have to add it four times to get my portion size to calculate calories??

4 oz x 1 oz = 4 ounces

.50 of 8 oz = 4 ounces
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    0.5 servings of 8oz or 4 servings of 1oz...

I think you might be over thinking things.
  • lovelycurves2014
    lovelycurves2014 Posts: 12 Member
    If the serving size is 1oz in the calculator and you ate 4oz then I would just put 4 servings in the section where you put the amount of servings. Did that make any sense? Lol
  • OMG!!! Can you tell I can't STAND math??!!!

I just discussed this with my husband and I can't believe how dumb I look right about now! THANKS to everyone who responded, and the one who said I was over thinking it.. you are right! I appreciate the help and honestly, I do have a brain, hehe!