calories for building snowman?

Options
Hey I need to know if this sounds like a good comparison... built a snowman with my son outside - took maybe 40 minutes? to me I want to count it because it's not like sitting on a couch - scooping up snow and walking around and such. So... I considered it under the category that says snow, skiing, general for 30 minutes. It came to about 200 calories burned... think that's fair or am I cheating here???

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    That might be somewhat accurate. Next time wear your HRM and track it...lol
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm sure you'll get a variety of responses, but in my opinion, don't add it. It's just a part of your normal day, and doesn't necessarily "replace" actual exercise. Just know in the back of your mind that you burned some extra calories - icing on the cake!!
  • superjae5
    superjae5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You're super cheating if you use snow skiing. I'm a snowboarder and skier, trust me. You could use "moving" like boxes around the house, it has that. Seems like that would be about the same.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    my honest opion is I dont think you would burn 200 cals building a snowman.. Maybe 1/2 that?
  • babygtbck14
    babygtbck14 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am sure you burned some calories, but skiing and building a snowman do not compare.
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll get a variety of responses, but in my opinion, don't add it. It's just a part of your normal day, and doesn't necessarily "replace" actual exercise. Just know in the back of your mind that you burned some extra calories - icing on the cake!!

I agree with this- unless you make an extra effort to exercise (as in not something you would include in a normal day without exercise) then I would not count it.
  • therese1982
    Options
    You guys are right - i'm just trying to justify a night out for dinner - I added some actual exercise to my planned routine to help. thanks for keeping me in check!