BMR of 1,957?!

Options
2»

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I lose on 2k a day...only about 1/4lb a week but I still lose so yah your numbers for weight loss look reasonable considering your starting weight.

Just remember to log accuartly by using a food scale...and don't worry about low fat this and diet that...eat the foods you love and enjoy...
  • Rebeccas_Life
    Rebeccas_Life Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 & my weight is 263 lbs. ... MFP has me at 1,870 Cals/Day to lose 1 lb per week. If your numbers are correct, then you should see results :smile:
  • mynewbeginning31
    Options
    no no your body stores food more the less you eat because of insulin, Your body thinks its going to starve so it stores it for the winter so to speak and if you have an active lifestyle you burn the calories. Im 32 had to learn that the hard way like eating those snack packs that I love the 100 calorie ones have so much junk in em, your body cant use it. Didn't realize how muich crap I was eating til I went to mexico, I ate like crazy it was free and delicious but all cooked fresh never thought that made a difference, I was eating all those healthy snacks back home,, my point I went to the bathroom number twice all week, when at home I was going once or twice a day!! Oh yeah and lost ten pounds that week, of course I gained it back again eating garbage, its a horrible habit to break for me but if you eat six small meals/snacks a day of real food not additive garbage watch the weight go bye bye
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had almost the same stats and age as you when I started and I was a little shocked as well. My BMR right now is around 1700. I also burn about 600 cals every day.

Honestly, I usually don't even eat my BMR and I rarely eat back my exercise calories. I know that I could eat more and still see results, but I really cant afford to eat that much and feel fine eating about 1500 a day.

I would say the most important thing is to listen to your body. If you're feeling tired or starving all the time or aren't seeing the results you want, then eat more.

Also I'm sending you a friend request :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5 ft 6 female who weighs 259lbs and I'm 21. Is this really telling me that in order to
    Lose weight I must eat at least this? Really? I just can't believe it. I thought women on diets are
    Meant to eat 1200ish? Is it because I'm so big? Surely that shouldn't mean I should eat more, just because I'm fat? I'm fat because I ate more in the first place!
    Any suggestions on what calories I really should be consuming to lose 1-2 lbs a week?
    Can't believe a diet could be nearly 2000 cals.

Yes, that's about right. I weight about 5 more pounds than you and am a couple inches taller and my calories per day are set to 1970 before exercise. When I exercise they go over 2000. I don't typically eat that much. I'm pretty comfortable at about 1700 calories or so, but it's nice to have a little wiggle room on days I am more hungry. Don't let the number scare you. You will still lose weight at that amount of calories per day.