Getting back on track.

Options
I have let my self go SO much these past few weeks, and I admit it was nice - but earlier I began filming myself ironing some clothes (I know...weird), but just to see what I looked like from somebody else's perspective.

The results made me feel awful.

This sweater I have bought for my success, suddenly looks really tight. It hugs onto my belly and now I look like I have manboobs again. I thought all these things had gone, but clearly not. So since then, I realized that I need to drop this 'slacking' act and get back on track tomorrow (Monday) as it's a fresh, new week.

I used to run every morning for 3 miles, but I haven't done so in a good 5 weeks or more. I would like to go every morning as of now, not only to start the day feeling motivated, but so that it is quiet and I don't feel intimidated.

Would you recommend I try running the 3 miles again, straight away? Or should I run less and build myself up to that level again? When I first started, I jumped straight into the 3m run with no problems - but maybe having put more weight on after letting loose, it may be harder?

Does anybody have any help or advice? I have another 42lbs to go roughly - so the journey starts here...AGAIN.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    UM
    If that is you in the pictures, you DON'T need to lose anymore weight. What are your stats?? You're 18 and how tall, what do you weigh?
  • emanemaneman
    Options
    I know exactly what you are going through because i did just the same and now am trying to take what i gained in the last three months off.

First off, you have to take it slow on your self and gradually increase the level, like the first day try to walk for a mile and jog for a mile too. by the end of two weeks try to run at least half a mile checking if you can make it. and by time you will be back to what you used to.
    With determination and support you will do just fine, you did it once, you can do it again :)
  • jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    UM
    If that is you in the pictures, you DON'T need to lose anymore weight. What are your stats?? You're 18 and how tall, what do you weigh?

Hahaha, oh trust me...I do! I guess the angle of that mirror is a blessing. I'm currently 185lbs looking to be 143lbs, started at around 222lbs. I'm basing such goals from those that were recommended by my GP a while back. I'm 5ft 11 also.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    UM

Hahaha, oh trust me...I do! I guess the angle of that mirror is a blessing. I'm currently 185lbs looking to be 143lbs, started at around 222lbs. I'm basing such goals from those that were recommended by my GP a while back. I'm 5ft 11 also.
    You look like you're already there! Actually, you look fantastic! What was the question? laughs
  • kiwigirl007
    kiwigirl007 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Why not try the whole 3 miles, but in segments? 1.5 miles, brief, brisk walk. 1 more mile, walk again. Last .5...And DONE! PS - You'll get there. ;) Patience, grasshopper!
  • jjdiggy
    jjdiggy Posts: 172
    Options
    UM

You look like you're already there! Actually, you look fantastic! What was the question? laughs

Whether or not I should take on the whole 3 miles so soon after being docile, and not exercising.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    Just start out and play it by feel. If once started, you're good to go, then go for it!