Females: Did this make you insecure when you lost weight?

Options

Replies

• Shazdei
    Shazdei Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What disheartens me is the stretch marks and loose skin... :/
  • JessicaJVRadcliffe
    Options
    After 4 children, nursing, and weight loss, all I had was saggy skin. I just got a lift and augmentation on Wednesday!!!
  • oksanatkachuk
    oksanatkachuk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Proud! Made me feel proud. Everything from small jiggy boobs to veins on my hands and blisters. It's my personal war scars.
    Ps. Gonna make a boob job still, solidly to look more sexy for my hobby :)))
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Nope. I feel much sexier and womanly now than I did when I was 60 pounds heavier. With the bigger boobs came the bigger waist and the fatter thighs.
  • irleshay
    irleshay Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nope. Sorry, having a bigger chest makes me LOOK bigger. Ya, not what I'm going for.

^^ This! Especially on us petite ladies. I shrunk a cup size but I don't mind at all. I'd much rather be fit all over than chubby ever again.
  • stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is the second thread like this that I have seen in the last couple days. I don't mean to be demeaning, but just get over it and be happy that you are getting healthy. When I'm feeling bad about stuff like this, then I try to remind myself that it's really not so bad. If breast cancer patients can survive and thrive after mastectomies, then I can handle my boobs sagging a bit. It's all about perspective.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that it makes you feel insecure. I have a large chest, I've lost a bit of it (40J to a 36E). I'd give them up entirely for my health, strength and well defined muscles. Luckily in our world, boobs are replaceable. So don't let your boobies discourage you from losing weight and being healthier.

I do have an insecurity when it's come to my weight loss that I'll share - it's the bumps. I'm really lumpy and bumpy now because the fat smoothed everything out, and now that's gone. It's not cellulite, it's weird, lumpy skin. The first time I really noticed this, I was surprisingly upset. I never thought I'd prefer my overweight thighs, but in that moment I did. Luckily that sadness passed - I hope this passes for you, too.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nope because I have a rocking *kitten*. :smokin: :drinker:
  • afatakedavra
    afatakedavra Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    After breastfeeding for almost 2 years, and then dropping 75 pounds, what little chest I had to begin with has become a freaking joke. But, considering I didn't have much before, I didn't have much to miss. I still feel much MUCH better about how I look, regardless. I've just resigned myself to the fact that I'll be buying padded push-up bras until I'm old enough to get away with going without one. :/
  • Marbella29660
    Marbella29660 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've never been blessed in that department, so I've always had to find security elsewhere. Worry not, being small chested isn't a total bummer :)
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I've lost nearly 100 lbs....and I've gone from a 48DD to a fricken 40DDD. I have NO IDEA how that happened. But I got a fitting and had to buy all new bras.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I apparently never did have a properly-fitted bra when I was really fat (instead of just moderately fat as I am now), because I've (now) read about how they should fit, support, hang, etc., and mine didn't. Very uncomfortable, hated wearing them, looked bad because they didn't support, etc.

When I lost the first 40 lb & went to get new bras, I couldn't find any in my new cup size in department stores, so went to a lingere store*. This one fits wonderfully, is supportive, makes me look & feel great. I'm looking forward to going back there at least when I hit goal weight, and maybe 1 time between now & then.

I was OK with being down to a 38 in the band, because I'd been keeping measurements.
    What astonished me is that:
    a - I wear a 2-hook bra (for the first time in probably 20 years)
    b - it's a G cup!

So I'm perfectly happy with losing boob fat, back fat, belly fat, thigh fat, butt fat, arm-wing fat...
    any fat that wants to go away is welcome to pack up & leave!
    I'd be fine with being much smaller in the bust (in part because I could buy bras at normal places, not a specialty retailer), but I fear that I will stay proportionate as I slim down, so will always be busty.
    It's a nuisance, but I'm built big all around so it'll probably look right.
    If I ever have the money, I think I would eventually like to get (what I hope will be) loose skin removed all over & breasts lifted.

* Allure, which has some real stores + a website.
    http://www.allurefits.com/
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 100 lbs.... and I've gone from a 48DD to a fricken 40DDD. I have NO IDEA how that happened. But I got a fitting and had to buy all new bras.
    You went from having a 5" difference between chest & "points"
    to having a 6" difference,
    but the actual mass of tissue is much smaller now.

In terms of the amount of tissue:
    48DD(E) = 46F = 44G = 42H = 40 i
    40DDD(F) = 42E = 44D = 46C = 48B
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Bumping this so that I can keep abreast on all the comments.
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping mine will keep shrinking and then I can have the flat perky kind that don't require a bra. :-)
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40DDD to a 36D (some C's depending on brand). Depressing, but over the past 5 years I've looked on the bright side some girls don't even have any (and want 'em). You can always get implants. I'm seriously considering them when I get a tummy tuck. So as much as some people joke about surgery, if you miss them that much...why not invest in yourself?
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I stopped caring after a while. (44J --> 34B.) A good bra makes a world of difference!!

Congratulations!

For those still in BIIIG bust territory, Enell make waistcoat style bras that do up with about 20 hooks at the front. They subscribe to the "squash em flat" theory of keeping them under control during sport. I wear one every day over my normal bra and it gives me a lot of confidence to just get around without jiggling and bouncing all over the place as I walk/run/cycle.

Ryan-Enell.jpg
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    I have always been insecure about my boobs, After I lose the weight I am going for plastic surgury
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've lost nearly 100 lbs.... and I've gone from a 48DD to a fricken 40DDD. I have NO IDEA how that happened. But I got a fitting and had to buy all new bras.
    You went from having a 5" difference between chest & "points"
    to having a 6" difference,
    but the actual mass of tissue is much smaller now.

In terms of the amount of tissue:
    48DD(E) = 46F = 44G = 42H = 40 i
    40DDD(F) = 42E = 44D = 46C = 48B

^^ This! I've owned a set of boobs for 30 years and didn't realise how band circumference affects cup size!
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was spilling out of a triple-D.
    Now I'm a B.

But now I'm healthy and strong and my legs and butt are tight and amazing.
    Push-up bras exist for a reason. The weight loss and fitness are totally worth my deflated chest!