Does anyone know how much 3 cups of salad looks like?

Options
Can anyone link/show me a picture of 3 cups of salad with dressing? or at least a cup of salad?
Basically I ate about 2 servings of homemade salad (made of greens, shrimp, ceasar salad dressing, egg, breadcrumbs) and I'm trying to see how much calorie it contains by logging it in, and found a similar salad on the website but I'm not sure whether I ate 1 or 2 or 3 cups, can anyone help me? can anyone give a rough calorie estimation? Thank you!

Replies

• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS measure before I eat......
  • SydKaty
    SydKaty Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd say a handful is about 1 cup. Lettuce is probably one of those foods you could eat and eat and eat and not worry about quantity and weight gain. If you have a scale, I'm sure that you could weigh out the amount too. I read on Answers.com that 6 ounces = 1 cup, maybe solids are different than liquids??
  • JaneOAnderson
    JaneOAnderson Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My advice is to take a guess this time. If it's something as low fat as greens with a few veggies, it's not that big of a deal. If it contained meat, cheese, nuts, etc., it is a bigger deal! As for the shrimp, eggs, bread crumbs, estimate those too, and count them separately. But I'd eyeball it and move on with my day. Good luck!:love:
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    3 cups of salad would not fit into a regular bowl, but completely fill a 9" plate. 1 cup of salad would fit into a regular size bowl. 2 cups would be in the middle. Hope that this helps.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't worry about the lettuce...minimal calories there...but I would worry about the caesar dressing...2 tablespoons can run you 200 calories of that creamy stuff.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Agree....A cup of lettuce is like 8 calories. It is everything else in the salad that makes the calories add quick.
  • ohletmebeskinny
    Options
    oh thank you :) it kinda helped,
    im guesstimating that i had 3 cups then :( 300 calories as of the dressing and everything, oh well :)
  • therealtomtom
    therealtomtom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, that it was just the veg (Lettuce, spring onions, tomato, red and yellow pepper and rocket) but it was just left over from dinner and had it in Tupperware.

Not sure how many cups it was, but 1 cup according to the app is 39 calories, which seems low, but is just veg.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Is this a serious question?
  • SanDiedelphia
    Options
    @eldamiano - obviously it's a serious question because this person is most likely on a low carbohydrate diet,
  • SantiMig
    Options
    The dressing can push you right over the edge if you don't choose wisely.
  • Jess102979
    Jess102979 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I always measure everything and add them separate. Sometimes it a pain, but I think it's worth it.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just went for a run for about 20 minutes. Maybe it was 40. It was kinda fast for me, but not too fast. Does anyone know how many calories I burned?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    This was so 2011........ :glasses:
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    This was so 2011........ :glasses:

I almost prefer getting Rickrolled