Net calories under weekly goal

Options
So if I am at 1500 cal under my net calories under weekly goal is that good?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That's a bit over 200 calories a day. If you're eating back half your exercise calories and leaving that, it's fine.
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without any additional information. If you have set up your goals to lose a certain amount of weight, and you are logging everything properly, being 1500 calories under goal means you can eat a little bit more each day. Or have a nice cheat meal once a week. Unless you weekly weight loss goal is relatively small (certainly no more than a pound), I would make an effort to a bit more. Just because you CAN eat less, doesn't mean it's good for your long term results to do so.
  • cardoza2011
    Options
    I have set my original goal to be two pounds a week.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you aren't hungry, feel strong and healthy, no tiredness/weakness/dizziness and you're working out, sure, that's great!

I see no reason to eat extra food just to eat up to a number.

It's okay to go a little over some days, too.

IMO, it's better to learn to eat normal amounts of healthy food and follow your hunger than it is you eat and up and down to a number. The long-term goal is a lifestyle change, right? Not constant portion adjustments.

Thumbs up from me. :)
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Your NET cals should not be this much under. Even if you've exercised and logged your calories, your net calorie info will remain the same when looking at graphs or charts. Meaning you should be eating more. If you could open up your diary so people can see how you are consuming food every day, that would be beneficial. If you are meeting your needs every day but do not eat back exercise calories, then you are creating more of a deficit than you need; 2lb/week is already too aggressive for most people and will not be easily sustainable for many. If you are under on cals both on rest and exercise days, then you need to be eating more.