New here and loving it so far!!

Options
Hi everyone - my name is Tiffiane. I just joined last night (I FINALLY took my local friends advice to get on the site!). I am really loving it so far. I'm pretty anti-social in person, so I've always found that I enjoy message boards and social sites because it allows me to still interact with people without the shyness factor that is so much a part of who I am. So if you want to be friends with me, GREAT!! Send me a request - I'll be friends with anyone, I need all the help I can get!

I had a gastric bypass about 6 years ago and lost as much as 150lbs at my lowest weight from the surgery. I was doing pretty good but then my life went downhill 2.5 years ago with the death of my sister and then 1.5 years ago with my divorce. Shouldn't be an excuse, but atleast its a reason for my depressive slump until recently. I've regained about 45-50 lbs of that original 150 lb weight loss and it is making me mad!

Why is it SO hard to lose it, yet SO easy to gain it? I tell ya, it's just not fair!!

Anyway, I need all the support I can get - my friend Heather has been telling me about this site for only...oh, the last 2 months or so, and I finally decided to stop being lazy and get on here.

I'm having surgery in exactly 20 days and my doctor wants me to lose 10lbs before I go under. I hope I can do it!!

Replies

• bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Wow,it sounds to me like your one determined lady.Good luck on achieving all your goals.This site is fantastic and so friendly.
    Feel free to add me if you wish and I will support as much as I can.:smile:
  • carmelmin
    carmelmin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WELCOME ON BOARD,WE ARE ALL HERE FOR THE ONE 1 REASON,TO LOOSE WEIGHT AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT OURSELVES..YOU CAN DO IT,BY LOGGING IN HERE YOU WILL BECOME MORE AWARE OF YOUR CALORIES AND EXERCISE..FEEL FREE TO ADD ME ALSO..I JUST LOVE THIS SITE AS EVERYONE IS SO SUPPORTIVE:)))
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Good luck on meeting all of your goals!
  • barriJ
    barriJ Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey fellow Minnesotan!! Glad you can join us.

barrij
  • jenntinn715
    jenntinn715 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also just started here about a week and a half ago and am totally hooked! Loving it and all the support is great!! We can do it!!!