Results from Grapefruit!!! Wanted to share!

Options

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Really? What a sweet person you must be!
    Since it was apparent that no one else cared to google "grapefruit and weight loss", I assumed no one was interested in links.
    Are you?

Another swing and a miss. Will there be a third strike?
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    SO.MANY.OLD.THREADS

Why????!!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Somewhat off topic but just as a caution to people on anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, birth control (and possibly others): Grapefruit is often discouraged when taking these types of medication. Your pharmacist or doctor can tell you if this is the case for you. Sorry, had to put the plug out there, because unfortunately this fact is often overlooked but it can be a dangerous oversight.

Yep...anti seizure meds are greatly affected by grapefruit. This can be devastating....please check before doing something like this....
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Old post alert:

OP's not even around anymore. She ate so many grapefruit she puckered up and vanished.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Somewhat off topic but just as a caution to people on anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, birth control (and possibly others): Grapefruit is often discouraged when taking these types of medication. Your pharmacist or doctor can tell you if this is the case for you. Sorry, had to put the plug out there, because unfortunately this fact is often overlooked but it can be a dangerous oversight.

Thank you so much for putting this, I had no idea. Good to know!

Yes, very good to put that out there. Another caution is for those on cholesterol-lowering meds. Grapefruit interacts with some but not others. Very, very good advice about speaking with the pharmacist. My doctor failed to tell me, but the pharmacist was right on it.

Any time I am prescribed a new drug or OTC supplement I go to an online drug interaction checker. It gives drug-to-drug interactions, food-to-drug interactions, and lifestyle interactions (like alcohol and tobacco). Thank goodness I did that because I found that my omeprazol (prescription Prilosec) should not be taken with a couple of my others because the omeprazol will slow down and possibly prevent absorption. I also should not take my iron supplement with dairy.

No problems with grapefruit though. WooHoo!!! I can buy my box from the HS band at Christmas and continue to eat my grapefruit one a day in winter.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just went out and bought a couple grapefruits. It cant hurt to give it a try :-D
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Lmfao. Yesterday, I went out and bought a pint of Talenti. Ate the whole thing. Lost 2 lbs the next morning. ...

It can only be explained as science people!

Talenti all the things!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I take your grapefruit and raise you cottage cheese with peanut flour, maple syrup and cinnamon.

I eat this every day for about the last 6 months.

Ended up looking like this

838933700cea799414688be95eebf36c0db5.jpg

See how silly that sounds?
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Why are there no gifs in this thread? This thread needs gifs.
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    do not eat grapefruit with cholestrol lowering meds either. Good luck. Grapefruit is so yummy, especially pink
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    2442r2u.jpg
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Why are there no gifs in this thread? This thread needs gifs.

dsc_0084.jpg
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    hC16CC793
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Lmfao. Yesterday, I went out and bought a pint of Talenti. Ate the whole thing. Lost 2 lbs the next morning. ...

Talenti all the things!

Hmm. I didn't even make the connection! I had a good week. I ate Talenti this week, after cheating for a few weeks with Ben and Jerry. This cannot be a coincidence.

Also, I remember the grapefruit thing from when I was a teenager in the 80s. Was dying to try it, but discovered I couldn't stand grapefruit. Maybe I'd like it now, but the Talenti is working.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    VAIkoYa.jpg
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    1 pound a day does not sound healthy to me

Thanks for saying this, because I had better clarify. I am trying to lose weight in the most healthy way possible. I am eating a ton of fruits and veggies and not starving myself by any means. But at the same time, I cannot control how fast my body burns fat.

And it is sooo encouraging to see the numbers move, I have to admit.

16ifp6r.gif

just to throw this out there. ... Healthy is in the context of an entire diet and losing too quickly can have a negative impact on health. Not sure what time frame this is. I mean, you might have weighed and then pooped. Weighing in less the next day. Dropped some water weight. See how those weights trend over several weeks... not days. You lose more than fat when you do lose. Going too quick means more likely to lose muscle too but you also lose water...not just fat... Cause. .. the more you know. ....
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Talenti all the things!

Hmm. I didn't even make the connection! I had a good week. I ate Talenti this week, after cheating for a few weeks with Ben and Jerry. This cannot be a coincidence.

Also, I remember the grapefruit thing from when I was a teenager in the 80s. Was dying to try it, but discovered I couldn't stand grapefruit. Maybe I'd like it now, but the Talenti is working.

We need to get our lab coats on and return to the lab to study!

Googling grapefruit made me hangry
  • Alyjacck
    Alyjacck Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I heard from two sources last week that grapefruits burn fat like crazy. So I went to the store and bought two. For the past five days, I have ate half a grapefruit for a snack. I have lost A POUND A DAY!!! This cannot be a coincidence people! Wanted to share in case this could help someone else, and also, does anyone have any grapefruit success stories? :)

Were they organic or regular?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    I heard from two sources last week that grapefruits burn fat like crazy. So I went to the store and bought two. For the past five days, I have ate half a grapefruit for a snack. I have lost A POUND A DAY!!! This cannot be a coincidence people! Wanted to share in case this could help someone else, and also, does anyone have any grapefruit success stories? :)

Were they organic or regular?

^ Yes because this would make all the difference

2wbrfk4.gif
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    On the fourth day, I went out and bought two more. No, lol, I did not get four halves into five days at a half a day.

And it wasn't my only snack of the day, just one of my snacks.

But totally agree with you, I never really ate them before, and they are so good!

Sorry OP...that was all I could think about too...how did she get 5 days out of two grapefruits while eating 1/2 per day!

I remember the grapefruit diet from many years ago except I think it was eat a 1/2 grapefruit before each meal.

I never tried it...I hate grapefruit!