Tired of starting over..

Options
Hi everyone, I thought it's about time for me to reach out and find some support.

Here is a bit of background:
In 2011 I went from working 2 jobs that were relatively "active" (working in retail and an admin role which involved a lot of filing and physically moving boxes), being quite active at the gym, playing field hockey in 2 teams on the weekend, to working full time in an office, eating very poorly, drinking a lot on weekends and not playing sport. This meant that I gained approximately 20kg over that year, most in about a 6 month period.

Since then I've been sporadically starting and not following through on health kicks. I'll sometimes lose 5kg but end up putting it back on. Until a few weeks ago I couldn't honestly say I've stuck with something for more than a week. I have been doing personal training sessions twice a week consistently for the past 3 years and definitely have massive improvements in my fitness and strength but want to take it further and be more consistent. My focus is really going to be my eating and nutrition. I feel that I know all the theory behind it and know what I need to do it's just a matter of putting it into practice. I need to learn to satisfy my cravings with smaller portions and not keep eating junk food purely when it's a habit.

Basically, after that long winded explanation, I'm looking for some buddies on here to keep me going and motivate me to get some results. It's taken me a long time to get to the point where I recognise it's not "all or nothing" or "black and white", there are going to be times that I fall and I need to get straight back on board rather than having the "I'll start again next week" mentality. I'm in a good head space with it at the moment and would like to keep it going :)

Replies

• lisa81266
    lisa81266 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please add me. I have been "trying" to lose 40 pounds for the past two years. I cannot stay motivated long enough to even get a 1/4 of the way there. Finally I feel like I am on the right track. I have been using MFP daily for the past two weeks. This is the only thing that has helped me stay focus. We can do this together. I have found ther are a lot of awesome supportive people here.
  • annanaidoo
    annanaidoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    That's exactly my motivation for starting MFP again! I'm tired of the sabotage and then having to start all over again. I also put on about 20kgs in 1 year after starting my new stressful job and since then I have lost 20kg but then put back 6-7 back on within weeks. I go over in my head at how i struggled to lose all of the weight and just how easy it was to put it back on BUT everytime it ends up being the same and I am truely over what I do to myself!
    Add me because I'm looking for some supportive awesome people too :)
  • Leleroro
    Leleroro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! Please add me. I have been "trying" to lose 40 pounds for the past two years. I cannot stay motivated long enough to even get a 1/4 of the way there. Finally I feel like I am on the right track. I have been using MFP daily for the past two weeks. This is the only thing that has helped me stay focus. We can do this together. I have found ther are a lot of awesome supportive people here.

Hi Lisa :)
    I've just added you! Looks like we're both looking to lose about the same amount of weight too. I managed to get through 17 days straight of tracking and stopped for about 3 days but back on now! We can do it!
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    "A bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn" Helen Keller..

At least you know what doesn't work
  • Leleroro
    Options
    Hey!
    That's exactly my motivation for starting MFP again! I'm tired of the sabotage and then having to start all over again. I also put on about 20kgs in 1 year after starting my new stressful job and since then I have lost 20kg but then put back 6-7 back on within weeks. I go over in my head at how i struggled to lose all of the weight and just how easy it was to put it back on BUT everytime it ends up being the same and I am truely over what I do to myself!
    Add me because I'm looking for some supportive awesome people too :)

I'm definitely with you here! In the end it has to come from me taking responsibility and having others support. Let's do it :)
  • Leleroro
    Options
    "A bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn" Helen Keller..

At least you know what doesn't work

A great quote! I like it. I've been writing down things like this to keep me motivated so might add it to the list.