Best quick way to drop twenty?

Options

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Haha I have ate just eggs for 5 weeks and drank a lot of water and I lost 22lbs so far and still doing it

Honestly...I know that you are young but you really should know that this is not healthy. You are 21 y/o...educate yourself. Either or seek help...

What happens when you drop all the weight??? Your digestive system will be all screwed up.

Google the "Bland Diet" or the "IBS Diet" because that is all that your stomach will be able to tolerate...if that even.

Next time...stay awake during health class.
  • sus49
    sus49 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I didn't know vegans could drink alcohol with the yeasts etc... But if you feel the need to drink alcohol after work, try white wine It is very low in calories unlike beer.
  • Alyjacck
    Alyjacck Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Adjust the scale so it makes you 20 pounds lighter. Easy!
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Pick up a 20 pound dumbbell, then drop it.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As an ex smoker I would agree that he will stop when he is ready to - a challenge or race probably is not the way to do it - and what happens if you don't lose the weight? will this then give him an excuse to start smoking again? Also if you are already a vegan its hard to believe that you are that overweight in the 1st place - what are you're stats?

As others have said cals in cals out is the only way to lose weight but it takes time and patience otherwise its likely you will gain it all back.

Giving up smoking and losing some weight are some of the best health decisions I have ever made but I knew the time was right and am fully committed to doing it the right way. Its probably not what you want to hear but slow and steady is the way to go.

Also some wine is made using animal by products so if you make that switch chose wisely.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    First of all I don't think quick should be your goal. I think healthy and sustainable should be your goal. Counting your calories and moving your body are sure fire ways to get to where you want to be. Look up TDEE and BMR and go from there.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Low carb will drop around 3- 6lbs of water weight fairly quickly (water weight which will return with a return to a normal carb intake), but that's about the only quick way to drop weight that is not extremely unhealthy in my opinion, so the rest of the lbs are down to you losing weight the way the rest of us do, so at somewhere between 1/2 to 2 lbs a week.

A suggestion though - rather than him start when you lose the 20, why not renegotiate the deal, where for each lb you drop, he agrees to smoke one less cigarette a day than he normally does ? Obviously, you need to peg the number he smokes every day already, so if its 20 per day, if you lose a pound, he can only smoke 19, etc.
  • princessdot3
    princessdot3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people haven't commented on this statement more.. "My biggest problem is drinking. I work so much it's become a necessity to relax at the end of the day." If you *need* alcohol during your day, that is a sign you are (or are becoming) an alcoholic. If you are serious about losing weight and leading a healthy lifestyle, stop drinking every day. Also, if you are on the verge of alcoholism, it might be time to dedicate yourself to your own issues rather than worrying about your boyfriend's smoking.
  • shexy16
    Options
    Alli?
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    amputation.

^ Best answer
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this isn't going to work out well for either one of you. How about you sit down and make a commitment to work on your own health issues, and be supportive of each other while doing so? No race. No gimmicks. No pressure.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    amputation.

^ Best answer

Agreed.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you already have a binging issue (I do, too) then skipping dinner and starving yourself throughout the day is only going to make your problem worse (and you'll gain that 20lbs back in no time). You need to fix your binging problem. I'm vegan as well and what helps my binging is making sure to eat enough calories- meaning AT LEAST 1600 a day! (usually 2,000 for me). This way my body doesn't feel starved or deprived. Don't look for quick fixes- focus on a lifestyle change!
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    pick up a 20 pound weight and put back down.. :wink:
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Dump the boyfriend. Cigarettes are gross. Problem solved.

You are binging because you aren't getting enough nutrition regularly. You might want to work on that.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Also if you are already a vegan its hard to believe that you are that overweight in the 1st place

:huh:
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Although, honestly, he shouldn't need someone to bet him in order to quit smoking...

Probably the best point in all this craziness stop drinking for your health let him stop smoking for his own health
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Haha I have ate just eggs for 5 weeks and drank a lot of water and I lost 22lbs so far and still doing it

Jokes on me right?
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    the best way to drop a quick twenty?

Black Jack....that game will clean you out especially if someone else at the table surrenders.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing she didn't like the great advice here because she hasn't commented past the OP.