Does anyone use pacer iphone app with myfitness pal?

Options
joyline7
joyline7 Posts: 9 Member
I was just wondering if anyone uses pacer the iPhone app synchronized with myfitness pal. Pacer its more of a pedometer it shows number of steps as well as calories burned. They say calories burnt are from your activity throughout the day. Sometimes I use the exercise bike which tells me how many calories i burn but pacer will tell me that i burnt very few calories. Since its synchronized with myfitness pal it automatically add the calories to m daily goal. Now my question is should I also add the exercise I do or I just leave it like that. My problem is pacer shows very few calories, Like today its showing me I had 14 046 steps and burnt 299 calories but i did exercise bike for 75 minutes & the bike showed I burnt 495 calories. So am not sure which one to use.

Thank you in advance

Replies

• ipinkpanther
    ipinkpanther Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use it and *love* it! I decided to pause it or lay it down while I am working out so that I am not doubling up on my workout calories (double minus-ing is more like it).

By the way, have you added any friends on Pacer? It seriously helps you get motivated when you see how many steps your friends have ahead of you. :-)

Hope this help.

K
  • petecassa
    petecassa Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm using it but I turn it off at the gym and don't add my gym calories to my allowance. Add me as a friend on it please, could do with the support on it. Username PeteCassa Pacer ID S270769
  • LivingOnAClaire
    Options
    Hey I've just started using pacer with my fitness pal, please could you add me I could use the support, my id is y1254886
  • Bbwinpr
    Bbwinpr Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just downloaded pacer and would love more friends to challenge myself to go farther add me N1552843
  • TanyaMaid
    Options
    I do, please add me K1730896
  • SuzySu
    Options
    Never heard of it?? Going to look it up now and will report back if I decide to go with it. I really don't do any exercise which is why i usually don't bother with fitness apps.

Update: Ok, I've downloaded it but it looks REALLY complicated!! No idea how to use it - do you have to keep it on you at all times?
  • boobear7
    boobear7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use the pacer app, but I don't use it while working out. I usually add my workout separate.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    As others wrote, I don't keep it on me when I work out so I don't double count those calories. Besides, once you enter your exercise seperately the PACER calories adjustment goes to zero or negative depending on your settings with Pacer. I really like it for motivating me to get in steps but as a calories burned counter it is terrible.
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Check under other activities. I was looking for "squash" and I found "sexual activity" :laugh:
  • DETRMND
    DETRMND Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded this app. Where is the best place to wear to wear your iPhone? I have an Otter Box the clips to my belt. Will that work? Im hoping it will help me determine calories used when riding horses, along with all the other farm activity.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded this app. Where is the best place to wear to wear your iPhone? I have an Otter Box the clips to my belt. Will that work? Im hoping it will help me determine calories used when riding horses, along with all the other farm activity.

I just downloaded it also.... I was looking at it and I see there is a GPS tracking thingy... I'm going to have that turned on...and have it in my pocket...

username for pacer is kcrow1985
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I have been using Pacer since February and it's really accurate with steps but not at all with calories. It only measures steps and not distance or elevation so it's basically just a great motivator to get you moving.
    The reason I started using it was to get an idea of the level of activity I have across a week.
    As far as workout calories done in the gym on treadmills or ellipticals or bikes, pacer never measures anything because I keep my phone on the console and I add the calories burned as measured by the machine used.
  • joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of people confused about negative calorie adjustments.

So, would it be correct to simply delete a Pacer negative calorie adjustment if you work out withOUT your phone on you?

Similarly, would it be correct to keep the Pacer (positive) calorie adjustment if you, say, go for a walk with your iPhone on you? And then just not log it in MFP?

I'm almost at the point of deleting the app, but I feel like maybe if I could understand it, I would like it.
  • judywilhelm2014
    judywilhelm2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    my pacer is counting my steps on myfitness pal but not counting my calories burned..what can I do?
  • masterbig82
    masterbig82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a question maybe someone know the answer to I use pacer and map my walk on a 10 km walk I do about 15000 steps on pacer and it says around 300 calories burned and map my walk says around 2500 calories I am new to this so I don't know which is accurate. Should mention I 350 lbs or so.
  • aconiam77
    aconiam77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I just upgraded from a Fitbit to an Apple watch and am looking to add new friends for a step challenge. I've sent friend requests to everyone here ..... Hope you guys join me! My pacer ID is V7639297
  • Bradley200113
    Bradley200113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My pacer id is E8432533
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I use pacer as well but only when I'm out walking or around the house as don't want it to interfere with actual excercising
  • tugmd
    tugmd Posts: 12 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just installed Pacer this morning...well on my way to 10K steps today!!!
  • fckarnd21
    fckarnd21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please
    I need support ^.^ p4860082