Rapid loss of belly fat?

Options
Hi

The past 4 days I've been away on holiday, so i stopped counting my calories, i ate what i wanted and i didn't exercise. I haven't been to the gym in 4 days and i usually go 5 times a week. Now that i'm back home I've noticed in the mirror that my abs look a LOT more defined! I don't understand what's happened lol. I've lost 2 inches of belly fat without even trying :O

One day during the holiday i was ill and had bad cramps in my stomach after eating a dodgy takeaway the night before, so all i had was a slice of dry toast during that day. But i doubt that has had anything to do with it because this has never happened before when I've not eaten all day because of illness. Before going on holiday was 2 weeks into a low carb diet (no starchy carbs at all) and i had dropped some weight quickly towards the end of the week. Would this have anything to do with the sudden loss of belly fat?

Anyone have any ideas on what has happened? lol :huh:

Replies

• redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body needed a rest from exercise. I find that if I'm pushing too hard, the weight comes off when I stop pushing.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I call it the Dry Toast Diet
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    I'm surprised you're asking!! lol I would have been like YES and went with it! hahah.

I find that decrease in belly fat comes from proper nutrition, HOWEVER in your case maybe you eliminated something from your diet within the 4 days like gluten, dairy, grains etc, and that is what gives you the bloated belly fat look and maybe you should stay away from those.

I would have to know more about what you ate and what your norm is in order to figure that out!