Females: Did this make you insecure when you lost weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well if other parts of you get smaller too...your chest will still appear to be proportional. Benching helps build the muscle under the boobs...it can make a world of difference, believe me.
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I really like having smaller, perky ones.
  • happyvalentinesday
    Options
    I was a 32 b before I got a boob job 7 years ago. I was thin then so my new DD's looked perfect. But 2 years ago when I gained weight during my pregnancy my boobs got bigger and deflated now they're saggy.

I wouldn't recommend getting a breast augmentation because you'll eventually get tired of having them . It's kinda like wearing a pair of high heels. They look great and make you feel sexy but eventually you'll get tired of them and want them off. Unfortunately it'll cost a lot of money and it's not as eat as slipping off some shoes.

So pretty much now I've been 30 pounds down from 220 and I wish I can take my implants out. When I'm to my goal weight I'm hopin they perk up a little . Even if it's with a bra on. I just wish I was flat chested again. Boob's are annoying.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    While I have a lot of weight to lose still, I have MEGA boobs and I get really excited when I measure myself and see that I'm losing some size in them. While I don't want to be flat-chested, I definitely would love if I lost a few cup sizes to not have that constant back pain.
  • MyRummyHens
    MyRummyHens Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about losing volume, it's more about proportions. You may feel like your losing bust, but if the rest of you is shrinking with it you will, most likely, have the same/very similar proportions.

I had the opposite problem, I was a 28H and as I lost weight I lost nothing from the boobs but had to have the back size adjusted (can't find anywhere which sells 26 back bras!), it wasn't until I hit BMI 19 and lower that I started losing actual bust. I'm now in a modified 28FF.

I've got a lift and reduction on my 'wish list' for the coming year or two, so I'm rather jealous of the boobage loss!
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping mine will keep shrinking and then I can have the flat perky kind that don't require a bra. :-)

Yes, can't wait for this to happen - though not sure it ever will!
  • LynneW1983
    LynneW1983 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I wish mine were still bigger. If I had to choose, I'm sticking with what I have. Don't miss all the fat I have lost from other places.
  • LilyOfTheValley008
    Options
    I don't mind the size (I'm currently a C now but it'll probably get smaller) but the stretch marks on my breasts REALLY make me feel insecure now. It's something that happened in puberty, but it's just was more noticeable now.
    I always feel kind of pressured to get breast augmentation after reaching my goal weight, but it's unlikely I'll have the money for that anytime soon! I think I'll just compensate with awesome booty for now.
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have never been particularly large chested, but I did see my boobs shrink from a big C to an A/B. I was a bit discouraged at first but I've decided to embrace the small boobs!

There are so many positives: can go braless (backless dresses look amazing), can wear beautiful flimsy (non-wired if ya want) lingerie, can wear high-necked stuff without fear of monster mono-boob, running/stairs etc aren't a problem, all tops will fit on you, and if you're feeling a bit flat just invest in a decent push up bra! It's much easier to add boobage and cleavage when you want than it is to control/conceal large breasts now and then.

Obviously not hating on bigger breasted women, there are a ton of positives for bigger chested ladies, just trying to make OP see the bright side! All boobs are great!

Find the positives :)
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Being a G cup I'm pretty desperate to lose breast fat. I've considered breast reduction surgery but it's much bigger operation than breast augmentation and I'm likely to drop a few cup sizes by the time I'm at goal. Having been conspicuously big busted all of my life I wouldn't care if I went down to an A (this won't happen of course - just that I'd be happy to be completely rid of them). All my big bust has ever done for me is make me too self conscious to exercise publicly, made clothes fit poorly, give me deep bra-strap grooves in my shoulders and cost me a fortune in bras.

In short, if anyone else has enjoyed them over the years it hasn't been me!

I might need surgery to remove loose skin and if so this will likely involve tummy, breasts and arms.

I agree. I will need a lift after this. I too have considered surgery, but the recovery looks miserable. It also seems like there are some pretty big risks. I'm excited because I have gone from a G to an E cup! Believe it or not they actually look small to me! I do not enjoy them either. They cause me issues. I am thrilled that there are finally decent sports bras out there!

I did have a breast lift (NO implants) when I hit goal. My surgeon said I had ball in sock syndrome, and in my case it was a knee sock!! I've gone from a 42 I pre weight loss to a 34 DDD post loss, to a 34 C post surgery. The surgery and recovery hasn't been bad, and now, at 10 weeks out, my scars are healing nicely and I LOVE my new boobs. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I stopped caring after a while. (44J --> 34B.) A good bra makes a world of difference!!

Congratulations!

For those still in BIIIG bust territory, Enell make waistcoat style bras that do up with about 20 hooks at the front. They subscribe to the "squash em flat" theory of keeping them under control during sport. I wear one every day over my normal bra and it gives me a lot of confidence to just get around without jiggling and bouncing all over the place as I walk/run/cycle.

Ryan-Enell.jpg

^^^THIS!! I absolutely love Enell bras and don't know what I would do without mine. Exercising isn't embarrassing for me any more thanks to them!
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest I will just be happy when my boobs stick out firther than my belly and I am not shaped like Mr Greedy. The actual cup size will be irrelevant if I can achieve that

Plus my husbands a bum man

Think of the awesome trade off you are getting
  • housemamma
    housemamma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I once had a man tell me "Any woman can have a big chest with surgery. However, a great pair of legs and butt require hard work."

I'm still small chested and still working on keeping those great legs:wink:
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind if they shrunk a bit..
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 so far, but nope. I hope I do. What I notice the most on these posts, are girls who aren't large chested lose more then they'd like after losing weight, and us big busted gals who wish we would lose some don't. Sux for all of us!
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i lost ALL my boobs... from a D to an A, but it was from having 2 kids. I'm super insecure about it as well, and i'm probably going to get an augmentation at some point...
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a ton of weight, but my body is a totally different shape than it used to be. It took me a bit to adjust, and my old clothes/styles looked sad on me. Once I figured out how to dress my new shape, I love it waaaaaay more than having bigger boobs. Short skirts! Tight skirts! Short shorts! Low cut tops! No bra! Rompers! I can wear all sorts of things that would have been inappropriate/too young/unflattering before now that I am smaller and have close to no boobs. I absolutely love it, and am not at all insecure.
  • stepfordexwife
    Options
    I miss my boobs especially since I still have 20+lbs to lose. If I lose any more I will cry.

As a teen I weighed between 150lbs and 170lbs and always had a 36C chest. After my first child I lost 40lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and my boobs fell to a perky 34A. After my second child my boobs grew to a beautiful 34DDD at 150lbs. They were gorgeous. I gained some weight and my band size got bigger but my boobs looked great. Then comes my third child. I don't know why the inflated with the second (breastfed) but deflated with the third (breastfed as well). After I gave birth they dropped to a 38C and I was so confused! Whose boobs get smaller when they are breastfeeding!!?

I've lost 54lbs since I've given birth and the boobs stayed the same until 160. I dropped to 36C. 150 I dropped to 36B. 146 now and the 36B is getting to big :( They look awful too not perky like 10 years ago. They are so sad.

I did some research early today and I've been looking into fat transfer breast augmentation. It's less expensive and invasive and definitely an option for my future. I want a 34D...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I've gone down to a 32 B. My band doesn't even technically measure 32, I round up from 31 inches. You can see my sternum/feel my ribs between them. They've always been small but this is like...really small. At first I was embarrassed, I'm getting more used to them now though. But...I did cry when i looked in the mirror on the day I realized they really shrunk :(