What's for lunch today?

Options
Alright folks, I am needing some easy and new ideas for healthy lunches. I am currently having chicken salad. What are you having?

Replies

• Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Had a homemade wrap with turkey, spinach and tomato, it was real good and a nice change from the average sandwich. That and 2 sticks of celery ended lunch at around 200 calories
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I had a Lean Cusine mushroom, spinach & chicken panini. Pretty good
  • Shinersmom
    Options
    A wrap sounds delish! What dressing to you put on it, or do you eat it plain?
  • McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I Pan fried Chicken (kinda like grilled chicken) on my flat cast iron skillet and some brown rice w/a little soy sauce (kinda like chicken fried rice) and now I'm munching on wheat thins. Talipia and brown rice is really good too!!! And Grilled chicken just wrapped up in a tortilla (kinda like a fajita) is one of my fav's also.
  • barberella
    Options
    Had the whole container of Green Giant's brussel sprouts in butter sauce (so yummy, I could eat another box!) and a BLT that consists of Oscar Mayer's Pure Cooked bacon (the stuff you don't have to cook..4 slices is only 70 cals), Natural Ovens Weight Sense whole wheat bread (1 slice=50 calories) and a slice of tomato and baby spinach all washed down with a diet snapple diet peach green tea. VEry good!
  • Chrismata
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss
  • chrysnel
    Options
    I'm going to have some leftover spaghetti & meatballs - made with W/W spaghetti, homemade turkey meatballs, and a nice low-cal, no sugar added pasta sauce :)
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I had a grilled chicken salad from Sonic. Not the best choice, but no healthy leftovers from last night. I usually cook a healthy dinner and then have the leftovers for lunch the next day. Today at work we discussed having a kind of a lunch club where we will all pitch in for healthy quick things and have it in the lounge. Some things we are going to have next week are grilled chicken(frozen), low-sodium, low-fat lunch meats and cheeses, salad fixings, fresh fruit, almonds, walnut, and yogurt. THere are 6 of us so the cost for an entire week will be about $5-$10. I'll let you know next week how it works out. :)
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I burned nearly 1400 calories shoveling snow this morning, so I needed to get some calories back. I had a NY Strip (13 oz), steamed asparagus, and grape tomatoes.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Chickpea salad with cut vegetables, rice crackers, and a bloody mary :drinker:
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    A morningstar grillers veggie burger patty with a square of colby jack cheese melted on it and sprinkled with oregano... topped with fire roasted tomatoes and a side of parmesan-tomato pasta. Felt like an Italian sorta day for me.
  • princesshoagie
    princesshoagie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Made a kick-*kitten* lunch today. I've been craving gyros, so I decided to make a healthy version. I took 3 thin slices of roast beef lunch meat and cooked it until almost crisp in a skillet and seasoned it with Cavender's Greek seasoning. Then I took two slices of Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat bread, toasted it, and "buttered" it with Laughing Cow Light Garlic cheese. So good and only 161 calories!
  • bouldert
    bouldert Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I had turkey and lettuce wrap with lite itilian spritzer
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    cambell's chunky healthy request clam chowder, striaght out of the can lol
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I am going to have some grilled chicken strips with basil pesto sprinkled over & some steamed veggies! :)
  • Shinersmom
    Options
    Buccees - that is a great idea! Actually, I started a freezer meal swap group last year. We each baked one dish, but 5 total. Then we would get together and everyone (there were 5 of us) would get one of each persons dish to put in our freezer.
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Lean Cusine Pasta Ramono with Bacon and a piece of wheat toast with spray 0 calorie butter and green beans total calories 375
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    Alright folks, I am needing some easy and new ideas for healthy lunches. I am currently having chicken salad. What are you having?

NOT TO GO OFF TOPIC but you totally look like a friend of mine. I seriously think you could be twins!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :wink: :wink:
  • jbars11
    jbars11 Posts: 71
    Options
    Beef Barley Soup, string cheese and an apple!!
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    cambell's chunky healthy request clam chowder, striaght out of the can lol

:laugh: