Turn offs

Options

Replies

• ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    If you just can't say you're not into them, then something is very wrong.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I know this is supposed to be "just for fun," but these kinds of topics just irritate me. Put on your big girl panties and say, " I'm not interested." You're not doing anyone a favor by acting passive-aggressive.

There, your parade has officially been rained upon.:bigsmile:

Yeah, but guess what? That doesn't always work

Some men LOVE a challenge.

A "challenge" is one thing. Continuing to pursue a woman after she has expressed disinterest is something different.

Stalking...I'm sure that is considered stalking.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends...
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I tend to be straight forward and if it's not there, it's just not there, and I would tell them that.
  • Lottiotta
    Lottiotta Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'd tell the guy "just wait til you see the lady bits they made me after removing my penis!"

Not only is that a hideously transphobic post, but I know plenty of people who would not be put off by that, myself included! I'd be like, alright cool. :)
  • Stronger_Diva
    Stronger_Diva Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Look up "Overly Attached Girlfriend". Become her.
  • jlmdc29
    jlmdc29 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tell them I want to get married in the next year.
    Works every time :)
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Do you love me? Yes.

No, I mean do you really love me? Yes.

No, I want to know if you really really love me? Of course I do, honey. I love you more than anyone else on this planet. Now, can I watch this game, please? There's only two minutes left, and they're tied.

You don't love me.
  • Gordon_L
    Gordon_L Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options
    I'd tell the guy "just wait til you see the lady bits they made me after removing my penis!"

Yep - that would probably do it!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I think direct is fine, and always a good route - but depending on the guy or gal, you might be able to have fun with it and both have a laugh.

I mean, honestly, if someone said with a complete straight face: I only talk to people from the planet Volton and cant speak with you. And then said "Its too bad, it could have been a love story for the ages."

The person knows that, yes, its a direct let down, but at least it was a little funny.

"Oh, I'm sorry I'm not interested in pursuing any entanglements with you for this evening or in the future, but thank you for your interest."

...I mean, it just isn't fun, for either of you, and leaves both with sad smiles at the end of the encounter.

If you can get away with making the person smile at the end, why not? A direct let down rarely allows that.

...unless you use the sandwich method.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Tell him how I really, really hate small penises.... Anything less than 9in is just WAY too little. Playing the odds, he will be smaller and become way to nervous to come near me. If he is secure with that.....maybe he is worth a second look......joke :wink: I'm married so he would still have to take a hike. Also "I'm happily married" or starting a sentence with "my husband...." normally works for me.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I just read a thread about clingy insecure women. Seems that those things turn some folks off.
  • mybeesknees
    Options
    Fart and not give a damn. Or always complain about your TOM in detail as if that person you're talking to is your best friend. For the men trying to get rid of a woman, talk about jock itch.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I was really into this guy years ago. We dated for about 3 months before I realized how big of a mama's boy he was. He lived in the same apartment complex and on the same floor as his mother. He always had stories to tell...about his mother. He would leave me in the room and run down the hall to...see his mother or tell her something. He was very attractive and really into me, but when he took his mother on our date, that was basically the last straw. Luckily, my friends were at the same place where that date was and I went and sat with them.

Cliffnotes: turn into a complete father/mother-obsessed-child (unless your Amish or the Duggars, then I guess that's to be expected).
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    "My ex just told me he'd like to try to work things out."

"All my friends are really pressuring me to get married soon."
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    "My ex just told me he'd like to try to work things out."

"All my friends are really pressuring me to get married soon."

The last one.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    There must be 50 ways to do this.

I see what you did there...

hehehe cute!
  • gmdaniel
    gmdaniel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    tell them
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Be myself.

this usually works pretty well. You'd be surprised at how many men don't like feminists. :noway: