My Blood Rushes To My Head

Options
When I do cardio.
Often it even makes my face tingle.
Occasionally I get a very slight headache or lightheadedness.
Is this a normal sensation?
Is it a sign that I am not breathing well enough?
It's becoming a bit of a concern.

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    1. Talk to a doctor.
    2. Make sure you are getting enough water, calories, sugar (carbohydrates).

The feelings you're describing could be any number of health conditions. Pre-diabetes (low blood sugar), heart problems, decreased lung function. Do number 2 until you can do number 1 above.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    What does your doctor say about it?
  • sensitivefool
    sensitivefool Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a physical in about 6 years for anything other than work related stuff.
    I usually eat about 1600 - 1700 cals a day.
    I do not consciously limit my sugar and carbs.

As for the water, I probably don't drink as much as I should. I'm lucky if I have 6 glasses a day...
  • sensitivefool
    sensitivefool Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    1. Talk to a doctor.
    2. Make sure you are getting enough water, calories, sugar (carbohydrates).

The feelings you're describing could be any number of health conditions. Pre-diabetes (low blood sugar), heart problems, decreased lung function. Do number 2 until you can do number 1 above.

Thank you for your insight!!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    6 years and you're 24.

Yeah, that's not healthy.

You should see one, but you probably won't. Good luck.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Definitely talk to a doctor to make sure it's not serious.

Sometimes when I have a really hard workout, the blood rushes to my head and it feels like my ears are popping. So weird!
  • darkypoo
    darkypoo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Taking any supplements?
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Could be blood pressure and/or related to electrolytes. Definitely should check with a doctor.
  • mwcontois
    mwcontois Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Like everyone says...see your doctor and I would recommend right away. It could be a very serious condition and they symptoms are telling you to get it checked before something tragic happens. These symptoms are worrisome to me...please get looked at...
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Definitely something you want to talk to your doctor about. If I had to guess, I'd have to say you're not breathing properly during it, but I'm no expert. Talk to your doctor as this could be a sign of a real medical condition.
  • Eaving1
    Options
    I get the exact same thing, with a bad headache usually coming on during or shortly after exercise.
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If your diary entries are fully-logged and complete, then you're not eating nearly enough. If you're not logging everything (sometimes by dinner, I'm just done logging, so my dinner never appears even though I definitely eat it), do that, because I would still be concerned about getting enough calories.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I'd say lower intensity...
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That could be a symptom of any number of health issues, so you need to see a doctor about it very soon. There is a reason that the at home workout DVDs, instructors at the gym, fitness experts, all say that if you start to feel light headed to STOP.

The symptoms you describe sound exactly like you are on the verge of fainting, and you may seriously injure yourself depending on what you are doing at the time.

Get these things checked at a minimum:

blood pressure
    blood sugar
    heart function
    full blood panel including electrolytes
    lung function
    check for vertigo

eat enough, drink enough water, check supplements for niacin (which can cause flushing and tingling, but I don't think light-headedness)