5k Goal Met!

Options
Yesterday I competed in a 5k for the first time in about 7 years. I had a goal time of 40:00, and I made it just under, at 39:34!! I feel so pumped, I just found another in December to sign up for!

Replies

• carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo!! Good job, and great time! I'm in week 4 of the Couch to 5K program, and hope to run one in November. I used to love running until bad knees caught up with me. Going through the C25K program is helping me get back (so far) to running without pain or injury. It's also such a great cardio workout!

Keep up the good work!!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know how that feels! I started with being able to run only 35 seconds and in June this year I finally ran my first half-marathon :D
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! :-)
  • runningindigo
    runningindigo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: You're awesome!!!
  • sarahwinder78
    sarahwinder78 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Running a 5k is one of my fitness goals - thanks for the inspiration! (Great time, by the way! Way lower than mine would be at this point!)
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I can't believe I am typing this, but I just agreed to run 2 more 5ks with friends and family before the end of the year!
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Keep at it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!