Fitness level

Options
Do you ever feel that no matter how much exercise you do, you just aren't getting fitter? I have been working out, good workouts, leave tired sweaty and muscles shaking since September, but yet I shovel light fluffy snow for 20 minutes and I'm winded.....WTF

Replies

• caramelious
    Options
    I am kind of the same way, I am not sure I think it has to do with different muscle groups maybe? Good job on working and sticking with it though :)
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Do you shovel after your workouts? lol I wouldnt worry about it, Shoveling is not easy. Stick with your workouts , eat clean, and get your rest. 7-8 hours of sleep at night helps your body recover and heal up from your workouts and stress of the day. What kind of workouts are you doing?
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I normally get 30-45 min of weight lifitng and then add some cardio 3 times a week and then at least 1, but sometimes 2 days of just cardio a week.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Do you ever feel that no matter how much exercise you do, you just aren't getting fitter? I have been working out, good workouts, leave tired sweaty and muscles shaking since September, but yet I shovel light fluffy snow for 20 minutes and I'm winded.....WTF

Funny. I JUST had this same conversation with my mom last night. I can ride the stationary bike with high resistance like an Olympic athlete & I can dance all night to Just Dance 2. I went down and up my steps last night ONCE and I was panting. I don't get it.
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the cold air and the odd muscles we use to shovel have something to do with it. I felt the same way, my sides were burning and I had to stop to take a breath a couple of times. You are doing a terrific job, I wouldn't worry.:wink:
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    Working out at the gym and then doing "real life" exercise is different. I can walk/run 5 miles in the gym on an incline but it is much different (for me) when I do it out doors hitting real hills - go figure! :)
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    I would stay with it, concentrate on diet, working out hard, and getting rest. Ever try any yoga?