High protein, low calories?

Options
I'm trying to get a lot of protein in my diet, but it seems like I'm stuck with eggs in the morning, tuna at lunch, and boca burgers at dinner. Anyone have any high protein recipes? It could be anything, breakfast, lunch, dinner, smoothies, salads. I'm pretty open :)

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with a little frozen fruit. Mine comes to 128 calories using 1% Dairyland cottage cheese + 1/2 cup frozen raspberries. It's 17g protein.

I'm really not the biggest cottage cheese fan, but the high protein is worth it and the frozen berries are helping me enjoy it more.
  • lfrerman
    Options
    Black beans have high amounts of protein. They are filling, have good fiber and they are healthy for you! I often make black beans and slightly saute bell peppers, onions and add chopped tomatoes and just love it!. I really like it with grilled polenta!
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    okkk did you forget chicken breast?lol protein shake ?beef jerkey its one of my favorites for a quick 18 grams protein snack ,turkey meat ,greek yogurt ,protein bars theres alot more
  • soonergirl1289
    Options
    I make a protein smoothie almost everyday. I use 1 cup of fruit, 1 scoop of whey protein powder, 1/4 C skim milk (sometimes), and some water to give it some substance and lots of ice. It's about 200 cals but has like 26 g of protein.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I drink a BSN lean dessert chocolate protein shake every day.... 150 cals and it fills.you.up. You can order it online, my big tub (18servings or so) was about $20 after shipping
  • Larence
    Larence Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Im currently eating a Turkey Burger. Its loaded with 19 grams of protein or pretty much anything turkey. I get majority of my protein from a shake (GNC AMP 40 grams of protein).
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get a lot of protein in my diet, but it seems like I'm stuck with eggs in the morning, tuna at lunch, and boca burgers at dinner. Anyone have any high protein recipes? It could be anything, breakfast, lunch, dinner, smoothies, salads. I'm pretty open :)

Dont get me wrong those are great sources of protein but you're gonna get BORED and stop. What about Chicken Breast, Turkey, baked fish (talapia).

Beans and nuts have protein in them too, just higher carb (good carbs tho)

Definately add some other proteins. I would hate for you to give up because you get tired of your meal plan!

Best of luck!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with a little frozen fruit. Mine comes to 128 calories using 1% Dairyland cottage cheese + 1/2 cup frozen raspberries. It's 17g protein.

I'm really not the biggest cottage cheese fan, but the high protein is worth it and the frozen berries are helping me enjoy it more.

Ugh Dairyland CC is the worst!! Soooo curdy, not creamy at all! Get the No Name one, it’s on sale for $1.99 at No Frills starting Friday. I didn't check to see what province you were in but I know Dairyland is at Shoppers Drug Mart and a Timmy's ice cap is your profile pic so you MUST be Canadian, lol!

I'll eat 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with 1/4 cup fresh pineapple. I also have a whey protein shake every morning for breakfast.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese (though it is high in sodium), Greek yogurt, ground turkey, chicken, peanut butter (though high in fat), lean cuts or beef, beans...
  • mclahey
    mclahey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What about turkey wings...are they high in calories??
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    okkk did you forget chicken breast?lol protein shake ?beef jerkey its one of my favorites for a quick 18 grams protein snack ,turkey meat ,greek yogurt ,protein bars theres alot more

Lean meats and greek yogurt are good sources, but beef jerky is really high in sodium and most protein bars are fairly high in sugar.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast.
    BSN Lean Dessert protein powder. 150 calories, 21 grams protein, low carbs.
  • 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Lean meats and greek yogurt are good sources, but beef jerky is really high in sodium and most protein bars are fairly high in sugar.
    agree but she said high in protein not low on sodium or sugar