Best quick way to drop twenty?

Options
13»

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Also if you are already a vegan its hard to believe that you are that overweight in the 1st place

:huh:

LOL funny people
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    The ultra-low calorie diet is the reason for the binges. You work around food all day. If you starve yourself, you're going to want to eat it. Starving and bingeing is not a good habit. Track your calories, then see what changes you want to make that you can live with.

If you feel that you "need" alcohol, as opposed to "choose to drink alcohol", then that's a problem, and not only for weight loss. My recommendation is that you change the bet. You'll quit drinking if he quits smoking. And after you quit drinking, you'll lose that 20 lbs within half a year or so, if you're currently maintaining your weight and you don't change anything else.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering about the "necessity" of drinking alcohol at the end of the day. I get that your job in the restaurant is stressful, but I work with emotionally disturbed children all day--screaming and yelling, certifiably crazy-- and still dont feel like its a necessity for me to drink. Perhaps take your frustrations out at the gym, a long walk, or relaxation of some other sort.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    1200-1300 calories a day plus 250-300 cals burned 5 days a week has got me 10 pounds in 30 days. I did it for a DietBet .. it wasn't easy and I'm not going to continue once that is over. But at that low calorie rate .. you aren't going to have a whole lot of room for alcohol.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my kind of relationship. Just stay together.
  • Uselessly_Irrelevant
    Options
    Your question absolutely astounds me. You want him to be healthier (and quit smoking) but you want to lose weight quickly and unhealthily? If your goal is to improve both yours and his health, then you should take it slow and address the issues that you have. You know you binge, you know you drink too much. Don't use, "I work hard, it's stressful so i NEED to drink" as an excuse. Everyone is stressed about something or other. Find a different way to cope with stress. It's gonna take time and hard work, but (from what you said) binge eating and boozing is what is making you unhealthy. Address those issues. Maybe your boyfriend will see how motivated you are to improve your health and it might motivate him to improve his health. But don't crash diet and try to lose weight quickly.
  • makingamiracle
    makingamiracle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Definitely a lap dance at Rick's in Houston, Texas.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It has taken me two months to lose 19. So expect 2-3 month to lose 20
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Also if you are already a vegan its hard to believe that you are that overweight in the 1st place

Come on.. how many fat vegans have you met?
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    amputation.

you've been here almost as long as I have. I've lost a lot of weight by figuring out what works and is sustainable and healthy.

anything that you're told here, any tips that you're given for "HEY Y DONT YOU USE DIS PILL OR DIET" advice isn't going to last and by the time you're done with and go back to your habits, you'll gain the 20 back, plus some.

so why not just use this app, count your calories, and figure out how to lose in a healthy and sustainable method.

if you really think you have a food addiction, my first piece of advice is to seek counseling pertaining to that.

...then worry about figuring out how to lose weight.

^^^^^ SOLID ADVICE ^^^^^^^ that's why he/she lost that much!!! I'll take his/her advice anyday!
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    If you already have a binging issue (I do, too) then skipping dinner and starving yourself throughout the day is only going to make your problem worse (and you'll gain that 20lbs back in no time). You need to fix your binging problem. I'm vegan as well and what helps my binging is making sure to eat enough calories- meaning AT LEAST 1600 a day! (usually 2,000 for me). This way my body doesn't feel starved or deprived. Don't look for quick fixes- focus on a lifestyle change!

This!
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wow just wow...I know I am old but you might as well learn now that there is no easy way to do anything. First off really look at your relationship because this doesn't healthy. Does he think you are to fat??? Why do you think its ok to try and control him? As an ex smoker I know how unhealthy it is but he is the only one who can decide to stop. I would think he biggest problem here is your drinking. Anytime you feel that you have to Have a drink then you have a problem. How about y'all make a deal that you will stop drinking and he stops smoking.....Do it at the same time...Ready Set Go !!!!!
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Plenty. Its calories in/out. Doesn't matter where they come from I happen to be vegetarian BTW.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I used to know a woman who was overweight her entire life. And she was vegan and had been for years when I knew her. She really couldn't stand assumptions like yours that she should magically be thin because she was vegan. I am sure there are plenty of others besides her and the OP.