Inner thigh chafing...?

Options
2»

Replies

• TFG_em
    TFG_em Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts. I wear them under my gym shorts, and I have a friend who wears them under all of her skirts and dresses. She says it is more comfortable and solves the chafing problem. The material is usually thin enough that it won't overheat you.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I wear longer (7 inch inseam) compression shorts. I also use BodyGlide, a nice slathering of Aquaphor skin protectant, or a bit of vasoline.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I second the deodorant and baby powder method. Also compression clothing helps to keep things in place, but for me personally, I find them a bit uncomfortable at times, so I go with the first two options. :blushing:
  • jnord8729
    jnord8729 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Body glide!!! You can find it at most sporting good and running stores, works very well

THIS! It's a miracle tool!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Deodorant works wonders! Plus it's clean and easy.
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I agree with the compression shorts for working out and when I'm wearing skirts or dresses. Vaseline when that's not an option. And I put baby powder on my thighs at night.

As I only wear dresses and skirts, I use the chub rub as motivation to work out more and do a lower body workout. I know you can't actually spot reduce, but telling myself I can pushes me to do extra sets.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just use a few swipes of your normal deodorant/antiperspirant between your thighs! They'll slide like butta...I personally use dove powder or any of the other dove solids. It really works with any though.

this exactly, only way I can wear a skirt, thank you thunder and lightning
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=22206646&view=grid
    Nike Compression Shorts (or any brand) - I don't leave home without them EVER~!
  • igotbunshun
    Options
    Body glide!!! You can find it at most sporting good and running stores, works very well

I swear by body glide! It works wonders.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Body Glide

It is even good for breaking in new shoes. This stuff saves my thighs, my boobs, and my feet. I love it
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have 32" thighs, chaffing happens (a lot). When I'm going to do something that I know will probably cause some chaffing issues I wear nike compression shorts and they really help to minimize it.
  • lowlevelrebel
    lowlevelrebel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Seconding Bandelettes so, so hard. Here's something I wrote on a message board about them recently

Let me be your hero, baby. Introducing: Bandelettes.

I am a solid size 14, with traditional hourglass curves, so my thighs and booty are pretty rocking. I had about a good solid 45 minutes in a dress in summer (in ONTARIO) before my legs were a chafed-up, raggedy-*kitten* mess. I'd tried everything, Lush's "Silky Underwear" powder, body glide (which sort of worked, but had to be re-applied like every 30 minutes), antiperspirant, shamewear (yeah, nothing like hot lycra against your middle on a 30 degree+ day) without really finding a solution that did more than delay the pain by maybe an hour or so. Certainly no long walks through farmer's markets or trips to gelato stores, or anything my white self wanted to instagram over the summer months.

Enter my salvation. I decided to try these little guys after a few plus-sized fashion bloggers had mentioned them and... oh man, they've helped so much. They're basically bands of really nice looking lace (or unisex/non-lace, should you prefer) that have two bands of silicone, one at each end.

Cons:
    -The lace on one pair wore out after 5-6 wears (but they apologized, replaced them for free and said they'd changed lace manufacturers since then. Haven't had a problem in 10+ wears with the new lace ones)
    - They're not perfect - Still mildly uncomfortable because of the silicone bands. Like, at the end of the day, I'm usually a bit relieved to take them off, if only because the sweat and silicone are a tad irritating. Like, not welt-making irritating, but still there.
    -you notice them. I mean, they're comfy, but to say "I forget all about them!" isn't really true, at least for me.
    - unlike their shamewear counterparts, there's no tummy/butt control, obviously, so this really won't work for wiggle dresses, etc. on most plus-sized gals.
    - can take a minute to get them on. They'll roll up a bit if you put them on super fast (this also happens if you buy too big a size. Really do measure your thighs well)

Pros:
    -I CAN WEAR DRESSES WITHOUT FEELING LIKE MY THIGHS NEED A BAG OF PEAS BETWEEN THEM
    -The "irritation" I mentioned above? Only happens after like 10+ hours with them on
    - The lace looks like it's going to be irritating, but it's not. So so comfortable and soft.
    - If someone does sneak a peek at them when you're getting out of a limo, Britney, then all you get is a hint of lace instead of a flash of Spanx
    - Handwashable and reusable. And, like I said, the pairs I have now, from their new lace manufacturer have lasted me a whole summer and show no signs of slowing down
    -Affordable: 14.95 a pair and reasonable shipping (even Internationally)

I wear a size C and I'd say my lower half is more like a size 14/16. They go up to size F (31-32" thighs) which should fit well into the 20's in terms of clothes sizing. Good luck!

(NOTE: not a paid shill, just so so excited that I can wear dresses again with bare legs in the sweltering heat)
  • ryennesoccer1
    Options
    Inner thigh chafing isn't just caused by our thighs rubbing together, but because they are dry thighs rubbing together. A really easy way to prevent chafing and increase skin quality is to use this in-shower moisturizing oil by Aveeno. It works wonders and makes activity much more comfortable.