Brand New to this and looking for friends and tips...

Options
Hi! I am brand new to MFP and I am excited to begin my journey. I do much better with group motivation and support. My weight is at an all time high for me (higher than it was when I was pregnant...ahhh) and I am starting to see the negative impact it has - ie: my blood pressure is high. I am looking to lose weight and take control of my health. Any tips, especially on how to naturally lower blood pressure, are appreciated! I can also be very supportive :) Thanks guys!

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Log consistently, do cardio have fun with it

29509743.png

Good Luck
  • luckylolo
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say just do cardio, my suggestion would be find something that you love to do
    you don't want to start working out and then stop
    Also, focus on nutrition, finding alternatives to foods you love, so you don't feel like you're neglecting yourself

For me, i've found that i love strength training, but i know cardio is good for my heart so i always try to do a combination of both.
    but since i only workout for an hour at the most, the majority of my efforts revolve around what i'm fueling my body with

hope it helps, and hope i gave you some things to think about!
  • Tootslarue202
    Tootslarue202 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do it girl! Find something that works for you! Logging is great and make sure your working out atleast 30 mins a day!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have high bp by genetics. When I first joined MFP over 3 yrs ago and began really watching what I ate and getting in the gym consistently & running my blood pressure went down and I was able to get off the meds. Watch your sodium, eat lots of leafy greens and drink plenty water. If you can get 3-5 good workouts in a week this will be huge in getting that bp down. You are welcome to add me as well. Good luck!
  • 808Trish808
    808Trish808 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have really high BP. So bad that I take 4 medications for it. I also have high cholesterol and diabetes. I am trying to watch what i eat and do some cardio. Trying my hardest to lower my medication count.
  • luckylolo
    Options
    Thank you for the tips and the support. I look forward to being successful. I am working on really trying to cut down on my salt and increase my water. I hear potassium helps...any good ideas for foods loaded with it (I don't like bananas)?
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me we can do this