in desperate need of support...HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Options
hi yall,

I've been stuck here for the longest time. I've lost some weight but seemed to have plateaued. I upped my exercise on the treadmill from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. I'm burning 378 calories on the treadmill. and I am allowed to eat 1200 calories a day plus what I burn in exercise. And I never do. I eat approx 1300 -1400 calories a day. and I'm not losing an ounce. WHY I feel like I would be justified if I sat down and ate a whole bag of york peppermint patties or a 1/2 gal of ice cream. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

thanks for all your support.
sad and depressed.

Replies

• farrahmelanie
    Options
    hi yall,

I've been stuck here for the longest time. I've lost some weight but seemed to have plateaued. I upped my exercise on the treadmill from 30 minutes to 45 minutes. I'm burning 378 calories on the treadmill. and I am allowed to eat 1200 calories a day plus what I burn in exercise. And I never do. I eat approx 1300 -1400 calories a day. and I'm not losing an ounce. WHY I feel like I would be justified if I sat down and ate a whole bag of york peppermint patties or a 1/2 gal of ice cream. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

thanks for all your support.
    sad and depressed.
  • evonne32
    Options
    I know how you feel no matter how hard I work sometimes the scale just won't budge . Don't give up you can do it and will see and feel results from your diligence.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    You MAY not be eating enough still.
    You gotta remember that 1200 is the default. I was STARVING with that few of calories.
    After talking to a few of the success memebers I have learned that I need to boost the calories.
    Ask around and try.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    You need to be eating your exercise calories. I was stuck for a couple of months, and then I changed my exercies and also my goals to 1/2lb per week (giving me more calories), and in the first week I lost 2lbs. :ohwell: You may not be eating enough.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    shake.gif Step away from the patties!

Seriously, don't get discouraged. How about your heartrate? Are you keeping it up there the whole time you're working out? It was getting hard for me to stay at my target heartrate, so I had to change things around a little bit.
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I changed my as well to 1/2 pound a week and it upped my calories and I lost 3 pounds the next week. You should read Banks post on plateau's it is very helpful. I will bump it up for you. :flowerforyou: