Need a couple more friends….

Options

Replies

• InGodWeTrust22
    InGodWeTrust22 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just made account today! I just recently moved and do not know many people also. Feel free to add me!
  • gmdaniel
    gmdaniel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey I love Jullian Michael's workouts...the 30 day shred is tough but well worth it. I did the 1st week and getting ready for the 2nd week. The beauty of it is the work out is quick but a great workout.:smile:
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Friends makes it not suck so much! I'm right there with ya and have a looooong way to go :)
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Please feel free to add me. I lost 100+, regained some, and am back losing those last 30 pounds again.

I really struggled with knee pain (felt like broken glass in there when I went up stairs) and ankle pain when I was at my heaviest. It's awesome you're working on getting healthier and losing some weight. That made the biggest difference for me in terms of how my body felt.

And I'd second the shoes and the balance exercises to strengthen the ankles. I've been working on stability for the past two months and feel so solid now. (I'm someone who used to just randomly trip and lose my balance.)

I feel the broken glass thing. I had a trainer for a day and she cringed overtime my knees moved. I said "this is why I let myself get this way!!"
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi - feel free to add me! I'm on here regularly and have 57 pounds to lose. We can cheer each other on!
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    Hello! That is a very good goal, and a great idea. FB is starting to become a problem for me and my Hubby, so I really want to delete it...but I sell Herbalife and thats where a few of my good sales come from. I have had it for 7 years, and its like i am scared to just get rid of it or something. But he is def right...its becoming more stress than helpful. Maybe I will try doing the same as you :) feel free to add me! My goal is 70 pounds, 40 by New Years.
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    you do want to do the swimming thing, though, you can try fast running in water...the water against your legs will tone them up...I do this in our 5 ft pool water running races with my kids...and also just simple water aerobics. I also have panic attacks when i go under water too long like trying to do hand stands. one day i want to master it maybe next summer. I do leg work in the pool with my kids although I havent stuck to it everyday. I would probably be down more. I don't have a knee injury, but i do have a heel/foot injury. dr says its from not enough support to the heel and it hurts to put it on the floor. so being in the pool helps soothe it, even if its not swimming. i bet it would help your knee too
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    **that should say IF YOU DO WANt to DO the Swimming thing" not you do want to do the swimming thing...sorry :)
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! more support the better :)
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I have similar goals and have been looking to add to my friends list! Have you tried rowing? I recently purchased a Concept2 for my home gym and it's my absolute favorite form of cardio! Not harsh on the knees at all, and it really gets every muscle involved. Good luck :)

I really need to try rowing. I just love my elliptical sooo much ahhaha

At some point you may need to mix it up. I love both as low-impact exercising tools.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I was 209 lbs 25 months ago. I started doing just dance on my wii and lost 17lbs in the first 3 months. I could not even kneel on the floor it hurt my knees so badly(had bad knees since I was a kid and I got a lot of exercise then too). Then I started with the videos(jillian,bob harper,etc) and went from there,then I started weight lifting. Before all that I used to walk a lot but it wasnt doing anything for me or my weight.I lost 33 lbs and gained about half that back 8 months ago but I am losing it again. My knees are A LOT better now though.
  • alligatorrawr
    Options
    Hello! That is a very good goal, and a great idea. FB is starting to become a problem for me and my Hubby, so I really want to delete it...but I sell Herbalife and thats where a few of my good sales come from. I have had it for 7 years, and its like i am scared to just get rid of it or something. But he is def right...its becoming more stress than helpful. Maybe I will try doing the same as you :) feel free to add me! My goal is 70 pounds, 40 by New Years.

me too! 40 by new years and 80+ all together!! I will pass on swimming for now, but I love my elliptical <3 i tried the stairmaster today and made it a whole 2 minutes hahaha
  • alligatorrawr
    Options
    I have similar goals and have been looking to add to my friends list! Have you tried rowing? I recently purchased a Concept2 for my home gym and it's my absolute favorite form of cardio! Not harsh on the knees at all, and it really gets every muscle involved. Good luck :)

I really need to try rowing. I just love my elliptical sooo much ahhaha

At some point you may need to mix it up. I love both as low-impact exercising tools.

that's true!! I am trying hiking, walking and riding my bike! (the exercise machine ones hurt too much )
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! That goes to anyone here. I have lost about 75 with another 95ish to go!
  • alligatorrawr
    Options
    I was 209 lbs 25 months ago. I started doing just dance on my wii and lost 17lbs in the first 3 months. I could not even kneel on the floor it hurt my knees so badly(had bad knees since I was a kid and I got a lot of exercise then too). Then I started with the videos(jillian,bob harper,etc) and went from there,then I started weight lifting. Before all that I used to walk a lot but it wasnt doing anything for me or my weight.I lost 33 lbs and gained about half that back 8 months ago but I am losing it again. My knees are A LOT better now though.

that's great!! haha I wish I could dance!
  • alligatorrawr
    Options
    Feel free to add me! That goes to anyone here. I have lost about 75 with another 95ish to go!

congrats on the weight loss!!!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sarah and I have 103 more pounds to lose. I've lost 39 already. Anyone looking for support and motivation feel free to add me.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    well I may not be the best dancer but hey it got the job done lol
  • nooserberry1
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I just started and have only a couple friends. Actually this is the first time I have tried using a online support system I don't even use Facebook (I am computer phobic). Really hoping having others going through the same system helps. I would love to try jogging but am afraid to try until I lose some weight not sure if there is a cut off on when someone is to heavy to run but I am enjoying zumba:smile:
  • Ruth4111gut
    Ruth4111gut Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.