Breakfast!!

Options
I was wondering what is better for breakfast for weight loss high fiber or high protein. thanks

Replies

• stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Why not aim for both? I personally would choose higher protein if I was going for one or the other but both are important.
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I mostly do 2 eggs.. but that's because I'm busting out the door to go to work. I think protein is a good way to start the day.
  • dlmowrey55
    dlmowrey55 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think protein. Protein helps you burn fat instead of sugar, so I'm told.
  • arac62
    arac62 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is my magic breakfast:

6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
    .75 cups of Fiber One original cereal
    half a teaspoon-ish of honey.

240cal:
    35g of carbs,
    1g of fat,
    31g of protein,
    8g of fiber.

It makes a huge, super filling portion

Edit: I just realized you weren't actually asking for ideas....but high fiber and protein usually makes me stay full for a few hours until lunch.
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Protein is a great way to break a fast.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

lolwhut?

OP, you can lose weight drinking Jack and Coke and eating gelato for breakfast, so long as you're maintaining a calorie deficit.
  • Project2015
    Options
    my breakfast is like 80grams of protein, and I add a tablespoon of flax seed for fiber. and that gives me both in one good hit. totally worth it.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I always try to choose high protein for my first meal of the day because it helps keep me fuller longer. High fiber is always great and can also help will feeling satisfied, but as long as you're reaching your daily fiber requirements more often than not, I don't think you need to worry as much about getting it in at a specific meal.

But I think the most important thing when it comes to breaking your fast is that you eat in a way that helps you feel best throughout the day. If high protein does that for you, do that. If you prefer to have more carbs at breakfast, do that. For weight loss, the calorie deficit is what counts. :smile:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

lolwhut?

OP, you can lose weight drinking Jack and Coke and eating gelato for breakfast, so long as you're maintaining a calorie deficit.

Hmm, challenge accepted. Except make mine Jim Beam, please.:laugh: OP--I usually don't eat breakfast, just coffee with cream. Or sometimes a protein shake with added spinach or kale if it's going to be a long time until lunch. Eat whatever you like, trial and error to find out what satiates you best.
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I try to start with protein. Eggs or some kind of meat. Seems to get my body going
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps you stay within a calorie deficit....is what's best for weight loss. I eat everything from poptarts to oatmeal. Course my breakfast is at noon but *shrugs*
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I have a sneaky suspicion this will turn into the Steve show.

They did use his trigger word
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

Instead of saying "lolwhut?" and ending there I'll add why Protein would help. B'coz lolwhut ain't intelligent enough to help anyone get right answer.

The reason High Protein breakfast will work is b'coz it takes more time to digest, metabolize and use them. You'll end up burning more calories processing these food sources.

However one should make sure they are counting the calories coming from this food source b'coz surplus will defeat the purpose.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options

Instead of saying "lolwhut?" and ending there I'll add why Protein would help. B'coz lolwhut ain't intelligent enough to help anyone get right answer.

The reason High Protein breakfast will work is b'coz it takes more time to digest, metabolize and use them. You'll end up burning more calories processing these food sources.

However one should make sure they are counting the calories coming from this food source b'coz surplus will defeat the purpose.

One intelligent person would know how to write "because". Just saying....
  • runner475
    Options

Thanks Josee. But that's the fun way of writing because.
  • JustWant2Run
    JustWant2Run Posts: 286 Member
    Options

My bad. I should have known that you are funnier and better than everyone :wink:
  • runner475
    Options

My bad. I should have known that you are funnier and better than everyone :wink:

:laugh:
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That escalated quickly...

OP, I don't have the scientific knowledge for whether or not this breakfast coaxes weight loss, but it's good and filling and has both fiber and protein...and a little fat, too: a good sized apple and an ounce or two of sharp cheddar cheese. YUM!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    If you have time....
    breakfast-11.jpg