Love the small changes, how about you?

Hi all - I have been dieting and working out now for three weeks. The weight was slow coming off at first, but even when it wasn't coming off on the scale, i noticed it in the way my clothes fit better, how I could walk faster without getting winded, how my joints ached less, etc. etc.

Bottom line, I think I'm enjoying this more than I ever have. It may take a year or more to get to my goal weight, but I'm committed to enjoying the journey.

How about you? what are those small changes that you're loving in yourself that maybe no one else notices??

Replies

• bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Discovering my hip bones again, being able to clasp my bra on the smallest adjustment, and how I actually love healthy food now. Love the small changes!
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Honestly .. it has taken me a long time to notice anything!! I have been seriously at it since July 1ish and I am just now noticing my clothes getting bigger. I have lost 27 pounds so far and I have a lot more to go. I think maybe because I have SO much to lose that I am not seeing a change faster. I do notice my rings not fitting anymore .. my feet have shrunk. lol Which is annoying. My watch is a lot looser.

My boobs have only shrunk a teeny bit .. which annoys me too. lol They can start to shrink anytime now. I think my glasses are even sliding down my nose more! lol .. if that is possible.

My color bones are starting to pop out too! That is what I really wanted to happen, I think they are a beautiful part of a woman.
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    I've been at it for 4 weeks now and I can notice a subtle change on my face, waist, and boobies. it a small change but its something.:blushing:
  • bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Honestly .. it has taken me a long time to notice anything!! I have been seriously at it since July 1ish and I am just now noticing my clothes getting bigger. I have lost 27 pounds so far and I have a lot more to go. I think maybe because I have SO much to lose that I am not seeing a change faster. I do notice my rings not fitting anymore .. my feet have shrunk. lol Which is annoying. My watch is a lot looser.

My boobs have only shrunk a teeny bit .. which annoys me too. lol They can start to shrink anytime now. I think my glasses are even sliding down my nose more! lol .. if that is possible.

My color bones are starting to pop out too! That is what I really wanted to happen, I think they are a beautiful part of a woman.

Ha! True, some small changes can be frustrating as well! My wedding rings slide all over the place now, and I have to tie my shoes tighter...but no obvious changes in my thighs! Grrr!
  • I have pelvic bones! And ribs! My hips and back don't hurt anymore, and I don't get winded as easily. The aches that I am feeling are from exercising, instead of just aching because I was so unhealthy.

Some negative things for me... I must have lost some padding on the balls of my feet, because they get sore when I do my walking. My previously smooth fat is looking like cottage cheese. I realized during my walk today that my bra was too big - my girls were bouncing all over the place. Buying clothes that won't fit in a couple of months sucks, but wearing clothes that are falling off of me sucks even more.

Overall, very happy with my loss so far. I can't wait to get to my goal, it will be interesting to see what happens along the way!

ETA: And thank god I bought the extended service plan on my wedding ring, so I don't have to pay to have it sized! It almost went flying off my finger today.
  • I'm loving the small changes :) I have a JAWLINE now (never had that before!), my shoulders are more pronounced (not in a skeletal way), and clothes that I haven't worn in years are now fitting again! I DO go up and down a bit in weight (hovering between 109-111), but the other differences are still noticeable so I don't stress out too much about it. I've been at this since March of this year, and the justification for me came when we went to my mother-in-law's bday party, and everyone was saying how great I looked and asked if I had lost weight and that I was so skinny now :) The fact that other people are taking notice of all the hard work I've done just motivates me even more :)
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Same feeling here - I had a couple of false starts this year with weight loss, because I really wasn't enjoying it. But now I'm actually feeling much better about it. I parallel it with my fitness - at first it's just awful, but soon your lungs get stronger and your mindset just 'clicks'. And I feel like I've clicked!

I'm not seeing any difference yet, but feeling stronger, enjoying being more active and seeing the fall weather. I like knowing I'm eating things that make me happy but keeping a good balance. I feel more in control of my health overall.

It's a great feeling in itself, totally unrelated to weight loss. :)
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    I love the changes! So far I've noticed:

1. My shoulders and arms look firmer and I'm more confident wearing sleeveless tanks and shirts
    2. I crave fruits and veggies!
    3. I get full faster and I know when to stop (most of the time)
    4. My 30DS workouts are getting easier and easier
    5. My legs feel stronger when I do squats
    6. Increased performance in the bedroom! (unexpected bonus!)
    7. I don't crave white bread and beer anymore
    8. My core and abs feel more defined (though I can't really see them…yet)
    9. I have more energy
    10. I feel HAPPIER!
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    while walking along a single track trail around a lake in my area, I tripped over an above ground tree root. that trip caused a quick stumble forward that seemed like a jog. so I kept going, kept jogging. I jogged around the entire pond. I just bought my first, definitely not the last, pair of trail running shoes. Not once in my life did I ever think I would be, or aspire to be a runner. I am getting the nods from other runners. it is crazy!!
  • NotSoPerfectPam
    NotSoPerfectPam Posts: 114 Member
    These are all great. Just like I'm feeling. Anyone else?