Programs/Fitness Trackers

Options
Who uses them? What do you recommend? I've used and reused WW, I utilized a Polar Heart Rate monitor, and I've also given a fitbit a whirl.. While I love my HRM for workouts - I got burned out on WW and I fear the fitbit is not all that accurate. I'm just curious what you all have to say about these things.

Replies

• wallelf1
    wallelf1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and I use MapMyWalk, both sync with MFP. I'm very happy with the way they all "talk" to each other. I've lost 10lbs since the first of August. However, you have to be consistent with logging your food accurately in order for the three of them to give you accurate information.
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yes! I use my heart rate monitor all the time (I'm not sure if it's the same as a fitness tracker). I have a Polar F7 and it was on sale at Best Buy for about 65 dollars when I got it. It tracks about 90 sessions of workouts, how long you work out, what your average heart rate is, how many cals your burned, ect. I keep it on my wrist, but the actual heart rate monitor is a thin strap that goes right under your breasts. Great investment =) Made me more committed to get out of the gym and to work out more outside.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Not sure what you're referring to when you speak of the accuracy of your fitbit. Do you mean your calories burned or do you mean the steps are inaccurate? If the latter, you can go into your profile and change your stride length. It took a bit a tweaking and fine-tuning for me to get it right, and now it's pretty perfect.
    As far as calories, it's just an equation based your personal data and steps, it's good as a guide, not a rule.
  • dwljazzman
    dwljazzman Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love my tracker. I use a fitbit I have had it for almost 1 year now. It tells me how many steps I've taken and adjusts my calories left when I sync with MFP. It is not waterproof is the only down side to it. The battery lasts me about 5 days and tech support was friendly the one time I needed it. The Fitbit flex costs about $100.00 best investment I've made.

David
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have the built in fitbit on my HTC One M8, and the MFP app, and they sync with no help from me. Too easy.