food diary advice!!

Options
Hey everyone!

I was hoping you guys could do me a favor! Could you look at my food diary and tell me what you think? I know it says i'll go into starvation mode if i don't eat 1200 cals, but i'm 4ft 6in so i don't really think that applies to me. I really should eat less than "normal sized" ppl right? I eat 3 meals plus 3-5 snacks a day! I'm constantly eating! I just portion controll! well anyfeed back would be great! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think if your eating less than 1200 everyday and your not losing weight than you still need to eat at least 1200 a day I'm not sure how that would work though so maybe you could call your doctor and ask.....they should be able to give you some advice over the phone. Good luck to you!
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    mine always says I'm starving.. i think leaving everything to a math calculations is not the way to go. especially for us women, we are way more complicated than that..lol
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You should be able to go lower than the 1200 Net cals you can change this manually. I would suggest not going below 1000 Net though. And by net I mean you should eat the 1000 plus all of the calories you burn through exercise. I would also suggest to lower your sugar a bit, it is not in your diary but I believe a lot of the food you eat is high in sugar. This may not be be every day but a few days that I did look seemed high. You may also want to try eating a few more veggies, also the slim fast shake instead of a meal is really not healthy, even if it helps with weight loss it is not something you would want to do forever, it would be better as a snack rather than a meal.
  • kez193
    kez193 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    as you know missgreen I'm 4ft 4ins, and I too have been struggling to eat 1200 calories a day, I haven't really changed my meals that much from before I started my diet, I've just cut out all the biscuits and other high fat snacks I was eating. I'm never hungry on this diet, between meals I mean, I may get a bit peckish right before meal times, but I think that's normal, and makes me enjoys my meals more, I lowered (in my head) the calories I'm going to aim at eating each day to 1000, I'm working on that as we speak.... sadly at the moment getting to 900 each day is pushing my comfort zones, I can't believe I ate so much rubbish between meals before this!!!
  • missgreen74_2003
    missgreen74_2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies!

I think i will aim for 1000 cals aday and i will try to cut out some sugar and add more veggies!