Time to get serious

Options
Hello. As the subject says, it's time to get serious about getting some of this extra weight off (about 55 lbs. to start). I'm 56 and an art director for a live event production company. What that means is: A) I travel about 20-25 weeks a year, and B) work involves sitting in front of a computer. I'm reasonably active, or rather reasonably active when I'm home and the weather isn't awful, spending a fair bit of time biking, kayaking, etc. When Im on the road...eh, no so much. Same for the winter when I become slug-like. I do eat pretty cleanly: no soda, no fast food, etc. but I do love beer and pizza and fall off the wagon now and then.

Anyhow, I'd love to have some additional friends here for support.

Thanks...

Replies

• Stressedby8
    Stressedby8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love your topic: Time to get serious!
    I am right there with you!
    I have struggled for the past two years, slowly regaining 25lbs of the 37 lbs I lost way back when.
    Weight Watchers has always been my friend, but I just can't seem to get back on the program. It really works, but lately, I need more encouragement and help.
    I am here on these boards also looking for some support.
  • bugsplatt
    bugsplatt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did WW probably 10 years ago and, while it worked, I was starving most of the time. And, of course, the weight crept back on. I've changed my eating habits — well, most of them, anyway — to a paleo diet or something close to it. If I can finally kill my sweet tooth, I should be able to do this and not starve. Or at least that's the plan.
  • jeep2961
    jeep2961 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im 53 and have been struggling with those extra pounds that creep up also as our metabolism changes and life becomes more sedentary it seems as we age, with the toll of a demanding career, little time to exercise and the changes in season, which make we want to hibernate in the fall/winter . Would love to be added as a friend to show that life after 50 for a woman can still be awesome :).
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    ooooo PIZZA!!

That is also my kryptonite!
  • lvsglass
    lvsglass Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello back to you! Feel free to add me. By the way I love your username!
  • RedLotus41
    Options
    Hi all! I am Michelle. I have done every diet under the sun and finally decided after turning 40 that I am going to get serious about this before I develop diabetes or die. So I have enlisted the help of a doctor, nutritionist and a personal trainer. The hard part is I just moved to Las Vegas and I now work over nights in an ER, so needless to say my schedule is hectic and my body and brain are still on my old schedule. I have learned that for myself that I have to take this one day at a time and stop beating myself up everytime I slip. I am making slow changes instead of drastic ones because it is obvious that the drastic ones have all failed. This is a lifestyle change for me. No more fad diets and what not. Good luck to everyone!!!
  • bugsplatt
    bugsplatt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, Michelle,

Good luck with the new job. (Overnight ER in Vegas must be ... ah, interesting!). Making slow changes definitely seems to be the way to go. Otherwise, it's just to darned hard to maintain more than a couple weeks.