I need dessert ideas/reciepes!

Options
mearsy88
mearsy88 Posts: 87 Member
I'm in a baking/cooking mood and want to make a dessert for tomorrow evening! Has anyone got any ideas or reciepes or a website I can go to find some low cal desserts and easy to make please?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I only make desserts when throwing dinner parties, My go to regular desserts (ie no artificial sweeners or low fat ingredients) are clafoutis, creme caramel and coffee granita with a little whipped cream. Google for recipes as these are all classics.

My favourite non classic low calorie dessert is below. Replace custard with low fat yoghurt or omit altogether if desired.
    https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/fastfood/desserts/quick-raspberry-and-banana-ice-cream
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I make most of my awesome desserts bite sized so they're low in calories, but I'm not sure if you want those recipes.

What other considerations? What tools do you or don't you have available? I.e. kitchenaid mixer?
  • utfreetoski
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com

This gal has a whole website of awesomeness that you can pick from and even modify some. I frequently substitute applesauce for butter, and will use zero calorie sweetener instead of sugar. Either way lots of great ideas and not just for desserts either!
  • mrsbunbunbun
    mrsbunbunbun Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is so simple and easy to portion! But maybe too quick and easy if you're really in the mood to actually Bake! lol

Cover the bottom of a little ramekin with whatever fresh or frozen berries you like, blackberries and raspberries are especially nice.
    Crumble your favourite cookie on top, especially chocolate chip or shortbread, or whatever's on hand.
    You can sprinkle with a teaspoon of sugar (if you don't mind the extra 15 calories). I prefer raw demerara sugar over white granulated, and it just makes that nice extra little sugary crunch on top.

That's it! Bake for a few minutes, maybe 5-10 at whatever temperature, 400 or 420. So easy. Feel free to top with a dollop of ice cream if you don't mind the extra calories. The way I made mine tonight, it was about 150 calories, so I was quite pleased.