How many times a day should you pee?

Hey guys!

I know this might be a bit TMI for some, but I was curious what you guys think, yet again. I did some minimal research and most sites said 8 times a day TOPS but I think that seems a bit low, especially since I drink at least 8 cups of water a day (along with some tea, and sometimes diet soda - which I'm very aware I should quit).

How many times a day do you guys go number 1?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,371 Member
    It varies, but really you just need to pay attention to the colour of your pee if there isn't any obvious fluid retention.

Clear...drink a little less, pale yellow just right, dark yellow drink more.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    As often as I have to
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    As often as I have to

+1
  • "Woman who cook beans and peas in same pot is unsanitary".

-Confucius
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    8 times a day?? I pee at most 3 times, usually twice.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    At least 7-10. And I truly don't feel like I'm that person who is running to the bathroom a lot. In fact, sometimes at work I don't go from 8 am to 11:30 when I eat lunch, but I guarantee I ALWAYS go at least 6-7 times every day.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member

Really!? This surprises me so much. Most women I've worked with go at least hourly to the point that I think wow, that's quite a lot (assuming they also pee at home before work and in the evening).

Although...I once worked in a pharmacy where people didn't take meal breaks or restroom breaks. I have no idea how in the world they did it. I'd need to take a break 2-3 times during the nine hour shift and would get side-eyed by them! hehe
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    A lot! 10 to 12 times probably, maybe more.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member

Really!? This surprises me so much. Most women I've worked with go at least hourly to the point that I think wow, that's quite a lot (assuming they also pee at home before work and in the evening).

Although...I once worked in a pharmacy where people didn't take meal breaks or restroom breaks. I have no idea how in the world they did it. I'd need to take a break 2-3 times during the nine hour shift and would get side-eyed by them! hehe

She posted in another thread that she rarely drinks liquid and is often dehydrated and passes out. :huh:
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    as many times as it takes to keep my pants dry!
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    As often as I have to

I'm with her. I've never counted but I drink a gallon of water a day so that leads to many a times I go to the bathroom. I'm sure I pee AT LEAST 4-5 times at work and probably AT LEAST another 4-5 times the rest of the day.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    I drink a ton of water (at least 9-10 cups a day) and I don't pee more than maybe 5 times a day. I don't really pay attention to it but that's what I'd estimate. I've always had a pretty hearty bladder though :glasses:
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    You are really, really overthinking this. Pee when you need to pee. Drink water until you're sufficiently hydrated and when you're feeling thirsty.
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    caffeine makes you pee more along with some health problems (diabetes). Get checked out if this is a new thing for you.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    As much as you need to pee! I don't measure my intake and output on a daily basis, lol.

If you think something is off with your pee, call the doctor.
  • as many times as it takes to keep my pants dry!

+1 :embarassed:
  • Erilynn93
    Erilynn93 Posts: 256 Member
    I never really count how many times I go but I feel like it's a lot. I drink about 14 to 17 cups of water a day, depending on my needs. I was just curious cause web.md scared me because it said if you go more than 10 times a day you have a problem lol.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    I think 8 is a lot, but I only go 4-5 times a day on average. If I went 8 times, I would feel like I'm constantly in the bathroom.

I drink at least 72 oz of water a day, so it's not because I'm dehydrated. I just have a big bladder I guess.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    I drink a lot of water, So I pee ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    People count how many times they pee a day. Should we also count how many times we blink?