2»

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    ^ these stories are heart-warming:)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    When I started out trying to lose weight all I could really do was walk because of the problems I have with my joints. Plus, when I started I could barely make it a mile without many aches and pains. I started slowly (oh so slowly) and worked up to 4-6 miles a day around my hood.

Well, needless to say, my neighbors became pretty aware of me in the hood, walking the streets, sometimes with my furry pal. This last summer one of the gals I've always waved to and said hello, came running out of her house towards me, flagging me down. I stopped, pulled out my ear buds and asked, "what's up?". I noticed right away that she was thinner and was going to say she looked great, when she says, "You know, my husband and I have walked you walk past our house for a couple of years now. I remember when you first started walking and it seemed so difficult for you. Then a summer later, you looked so much fitter and healthier. That's when I decided, shoot if she can walk, I can too. So I started walking and soon my husband joined in. Thanks to you, I've lost just over 60lbs and my husband has lost 45! You're an inspiration and we love seeing your happy, healthy face in the neighborhood"

Needless to say, I cried and we hugged. I did tell her though, that it was thanks to herself that she lost the weight, that only she could do it! This really taught me though that you never really know who you're inspiring or how you're touching someone else's life.

Now that is a cool story!! :-) Truly awesome!
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Leaving the gym tonight and this woman is walking out at the same time. She stops and says: "excuse me?" I look expectantly at her and reply: "yes?" She continues: "I just wanted to tell you that you look great. I've seen you since you started and you are so dedicated and determined. You are an inspiration." I was speechless. Murmured a thank you of some sort, got it my car and held back tears.

♥Mandy♥
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Leaving the gym tonight and this woman is walking out at the same time. She stops and says: "excuse me?" I look expectantly at her and reply: "yes?" She continues: "I just wanted to tell you that you look great. I've seen you since you started and you are so dedicated and determined. You are an inspiration." I was speechless. Murmured a thank you of some sort, got it my car and held back tears.

♥Mandy♥

:drinker: :heart: :wink: :smile:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I like telling people nice things about them more than I like hearing nice things about myself. Telling someone how amazing they are and what they mean to me does so much more for me than hearing the same things about myself.

OP, I think you're a very sweet and kind person, and you go out of your way to make those around you happier.

See? I feel better about me and just farted a rainbow.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    "I do."

"I love you, daddy!"
  • runsthroughrain
    Options
    I've been getting complements on my weight loss recently, and all of them are flattering, but I received the very best so far from a gay male friend of mine (with a slightly warped sense of humor) whom I absolutely adore:

He said " Oh, my gosh... look at you! You're going great things for yourself! When am I gonna get to hit that booty?" He was teasing of course, but man... what a cool complement. :)
  • JayaNagarajan
    JayaNagarajan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    "You're strong, beautiful, and kind, so you can do anything. Never forget that."

Coach: Could you be a coxswain?
    Me: Maybe... I prefer rowing, though, and I'm not very loud.
    Coach: Okay, you're bow seat!
    (coxswain is the smallest person in the boat, and bow seat is the smallest rower)
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    My youngest son (17yo at the time) told me last year that I had leveled up in parenting, which, according to him, pretty much maxed out my parenting as I was already dang high.

Smooth kid.
  • MissMCassidy
    Options
    I lost my two year old daughter to a extremely rare heart defect and the best thing someone has ever said to me was when my daughter told me after her heart transplant in extreme pain was "me love mommy to moon and back.." This was the last thing she ever told me and it makes me smile during the saddest moments when I think of her saying that.

Now a not so sad happy thing Someone has told me was when my husband proposed and said "Marissa, you are the best thing to ever happen to me, your laugh ,your smile,your body,personality and kindness,every thing about is everything I've dreamt of and to live one more moment without you being mine would be a terrible dream I love so much babe!"

More simply "I do."
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    "You're strong, beautiful, and kind, so you can do anything. Never forget that."

Coach: Could you be a coxswain?
    Me: Maybe... I prefer rowing, though, and I'm not very loud.
    Coach: Okay, you're bow seat!
    (coxswain is the smallest person in the boat, and bow seat is the smallest rower)

Excellent! Small and strong!