Frustrated, already :( ... but I know it's only been like a

Options
I started about a week ago and am already getting frustrated :( I am trying to keep a positive mindset, but it sucks when I don't see any progress. I have been doing a bootcamp for 3 weeks now and nothing. I feel more energized, at least, but I haven't lost any weight. Not even a pound! I know I've made a couple of poor eating choices (i.e. one night I binged on pizza... not good), but besides that, I've been pretty good! It just sucks that I have to do SO much exercise even to "afford" to eat healthy food.

I thrive on team sports and have been trying to find something in my area, but my work schedule doesn't allow it. AGH!!! I really want to do this all the way - stick to it and lose weight! Anyway, sorry to vent. I really am going to do my best to stay positive... one of my favorite quotes [at the moment] is: "You accomplish victory step by step, not by leaps and bounds" - Lyn St. James.... really going to try to focus on the small steps I'm taking to improve!!

Anyway, HI everyone! :)

Replies

• 305muscle
    305muscle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    gotta eat right thats all
  • LexiiBunny
    Options
    Well one just try to be positive. Dont deprive yourself from your favorite foods just to lose weight, that will cause you to crave them more and eventually binge. So if your craving something, eat it, just in a smaller portion, its all about portions. And just keep exercising, try to get some of your friends to exercise with you or maybe even just run with you, it helps to have other people doing it with you. hope this helps!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Have you kept track of the sodium in your food? Sodium is my downfall, and I watch it like a hawk. Have you taken measurements did you lose any inches? If you're gainin' muscle that causes weight to. Do you drink your 8 glasses of water each day? Keep your head up...it's only been a week like you said...Patience, you'll get there :happy:
  • alissaloved
    Options
    I posted something similar yesterday. It can be frustrating but I have come to terms with the fact that a month ago (when I started) I did not care about what I ate, well occasionally I felt guilty, but now I do. I did very little exercise and now I exercise almost every day. I think the difference for me has been in energy too and thats good enough for now. Dont get me wrong, I would love to be thin and athelic NOW!!!!! But I guess it took a while to pile on the weight so it stands to reason it will take a while to come off. Dont give up, it will work. If you need a friend you can 'freind' me, its good to have extra support.

Go well. :flowerforyou:
  • kmgulish
    Options
    I agree. When I wanted the salted carmel cupcake last night, I knew that meant an extra mile running and a little less dinner. That's ok with me because it was delicious!

But maybe what you need to do is get some friends set up on myfitnesspal.com too. Several of my coworkers are on it and we use the phone app to remind each other and show each other our weight loss and excersize goal. We talk about it a lot and keep each other motivated to stay on track. (We even share our salted carmel cupcake meltdowns...)
  • FlCurves7
    FlCurves7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would really focus on what your eating and not get discouraged.
  • jaimelynn01
    Options
    eating good has always been my struggle too and its not like i eat crappy. I dont go to fast food restaurants, i dont eat donuts or pizza or fried foods, yet i struggle alot with not losing weight. one thing you didnt mention is how much water your drinking....if you drink water before and after (just 6-8 oz) eating, you will lose weight faster. it helps flush your system and helps keep you feeling satisfied. try adding that in and see how it goes. i understand exactly how you feel. sorry youre frustrated. hang in there. !
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! 3 weeks and I'm only down 2 lbs! WTF? Makes me sad sometimes but I just pick myself up and get on the treadmill or Wii and work more. I'm hoping by my next weigh in, I will see some more progress.
  • OperaticAnnihilator
    Options
    You could be gaining a lot of muscle, remember, muscle weighs more than fat and there is nothing wrong with having muscles. If you have been doing a boot camp like you say, then you should be doing well. Just keep your energy high and stay focused. Things always get better.:flowerforyou:
  • starryg16
    starryg16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah... that's the problem. Most of my friends are not close to where I live. i recently broke up with my bf, who was basically my only friend in the area (which was fine with me at the time, lol), but now I'm struggling to find people to workout with / girlfriends! :( I have a lot of family and am trying to motivate them to workout, but again... they all live a ways away from me. I'll definitely try to work on portion control though... that's definitely something that will be useful, I'm sure. Thanks for replying to my post... I appreciate it!